4 replies to this topic

#1 El Cavano

El Cavano

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:43 AM

Considering the temps this weekend, I'm wondering if a gravel/double track ride at Greensfelder would be an option. I'm not exactly sure where these trails are, so I'll have to hit the park map first.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks,

LC

#2 smcr

smcr

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

Paved trails like the Madison County system, Grant's, Riverfront or Creve Coeur Park. Al Foster was pretty sloppy today (hiking).

#3 The Barryman

The Barryman

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:11 AM

I am thinking about trying the gravel roads at Queen Park today. But I suspect those might even be sloppy. I may just ride on the road.

#4 Thrasher

Thrasher

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

rode these this morning. Surprised to see that my tracks were the first from a bike. They were all still snow-covered and frozen. Scenic loop road is also still closed and pristine snow-covered. Also rode the singletrack. Dogwood was great, Declue not bad but seemed to be thawing faster than Dogwood. The areas on Dogwood that get sun also are rockier and drain better. Doing laps on that trail is sometimes better than going over to Declue.

#5 stlmtbiker

stlmtbiker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Thrasher
rode these this morning. Surprised to see that my tracks were the first from a bike. They were all still snow-covered and frozen. Scenic loop road is also still closed and pristine snow-covered. Also rode the singletrack. Dogwood was great, Declue not bad but seemed to be thawing faster than Dogwood. The areas on Dogwood that get sun also are rockier and drain better. Doing laps on that trail is sometimes better than going over to Declue.
I missed you, I was hiking around on Eagle Valley and the Green Rock this morning also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users