• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 meandmykids

meandmykids

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

wondering if anyone has ridden any trails down near the lake? I'm heading down today and with it being perfect biking weather (except for possible rain) I'd like to try something out! I was looking at Cross Creek, but am not sure if it's open or not.
getting my boys started biking early!

#2 Axeman

Axeman

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, I've ridden one out there that I LOVE!! its call Bittersweet Trail if I remember correctly. (Its off of Bittersweet Rd and HH) Stop at OZ Cycles near Bagnell Dam and they will be able to give you a trail map and tell you the easiest way to get there. Basicly take Horseshoe Bend Parkway (HH) like you are going to Lodge of the Four Seasons but keep going a couple miles past the Lodge until you get to a 3-way intersection for HH and Bittersweet Road http://maps.google.c...&num=1&t=h&z=16 there are two convenience stores at the intersection where you can leave your car and there is a paved sidewalk/trail that you can follow to the trailhead. The trail head is actually a little further down the road behind a fire station (that was not there when the trail was built) I always have trouble finding the TH but if you have the map its usually not too hard. It is a great trail.... If I had to compare it to anything here I would say it is somewhere between Greensfelder and Broemelsiek but with a couple of small man made stunts (similar to the ones at Klondike) I haven't gotten to ride it in a while because I'm only down there a couple times a year when my parents have a time share that is very close by but the weather has not cooperated with the weekends they have the condo the last few times I've been down. EDIT: Also forgot to mention that it is a figure eight loop so if you ride the whole thing it is 8-10 miles long but you can ride either half of the eight for a ride of about 4.5 if you are looking for something shorter (or if it starts raining and your halfway through you can shortcut back to your car)
'06 Gary Fisher Piranha

#3 muleskinner

muleskinner

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

Will be done at Lake of the Ozarks next week.  Looking for recommendations on what trails to ride.   I see the old post about Bittersweet but there is no info on mtbproject. Just wondering if anyone knows if it's still worthwhile.  Txs!

#4 B-unit

B-unit

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

I did Bittersweet in 2014. It was nice in the sense that you could ride to it from the Lodge of the Four Seasons and that it had a little nano-brewery right next to the trailhead but the ride was a bit poor. The trail wasn't really maintained (although GORC spoils us around here) and the route was kind of confusing. If I recall correctly it spent a lot of meandering around a creek bottom and kind of turned into a mess of ride-arounds. I remember there being some fun parts and I'd do it again if I happened to be out there again but I wouldn't have high expectations.

I did the trail over in LofTOzarks State Park last year and that one was a pretty nice surprise. It wasn't as groomed as popular trails around here but it flowed pretty well and had a nice woodsy feel to it. I remember liking it quite a bit. It wasn't super-long but it was worth the short drive from Tan-Tar-A.

I wish I could direct you to a resource that might have a handle on more recent trail conditions but I got nuthin'.

#5 muleskinner

muleskinner

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

Thanks Matt,    Kind of what I thought about Bittersweet.    Was that Honey Run or Trail of the 4 Winds?   

Rain in the forecast right now, so....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users