• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

Sign Up: Please let us know if you're going by posting below but you must sign up at the OTA site so they can get a head count for food and tools.

Earlier this year, GORC officially adopted the Eastern side of the Berryman and this event is one of our maintenance outings to bring some much needed love back to the trail. We are teaming up with the Ozark Trail Association to perform some tread work, major maintenance and possibly a reroute or two. This event is in conjunction with the 4th Annual John Roth Memorial Cook Off which honors the Ozark Trail Association founder.

We are looking for a nice turnout of mountain bikers to give back to the original backcountry trail in Missouri. The Western half of Berryman has been given several facelifts with several lengthy machine-built reroutes and now the Eastern half needs our skills! This IMBA designated EPIC needs YOU.

After the trail build we will go back to the Campground and put out a feast. We are asking each person to bring one of their favorite dishes to the event (you can put your dish in the comments field when you sign up). If you need to cook it, no problem, we will have the cook trailer available.

new details

The event will be hosted from Potosi where there is heat, running water, stove, oven, dishwasher, coffee maker, campground firepit in the backyard, and all the OTA cook gear at the Forest Service/OTA bunkhouse.

REI is sponsoring the event with some raffle/swag giveaways!

The bunkhouse will be open Friday and Saturday nights. I

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#2 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

Lisa and Matt will be there.

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#3 Yeti

Yeti

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

Matt, Just a heads up, the Ozark Trail 100 mile foot race is also taking place November 3rd and 4th. The runners will pass through Berryman(the campground at least) and volunteers and spectators will also be present. Not sure if this will cause a conflict between the two events, just thought you should know.

#4 TTM

TTM

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

Trail MOnsters will be there! YETI - Thanks for the heads up. By the time the OT100 runners get to Berryman they will be so strung out, I don't think it will be much of an issue. Parking may be limited to the gravel road(Shirley Ridge Road, plan on your auto getting dusted!

#5 95vtr250

95vtr250

Advanced Contributor

• 970 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

Steph and I signed up.

Bryan Adams, GORC Board Member
Why should I change my name, he's the one that sucks!

#6 mariachi

mariachi

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Tom and I are registered and I'll bring lots of cookies. Also prizes from REI including the much coveted "get dirty" t-shirts.

#7 JohnMc

JohnMc

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

Susan and I have been signed up for a while now. Out of the whole loop, this is the section that needs the most work. Brush has really moved in on the trail here and there.

#8 Kirby

Kirby

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

In.
Kirby

#9 newportl

newportl

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

In + 2.
Luke

#10 muleskinner

muleskinner

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

Signed up

#11 rockbreaker

rockbreaker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

In, signed up on the OTA site
Glenn
GORC Trail Steward Creve Coeur Park
"St. Louis County's First Park"

#12 JamesD

JamesD

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

See you there. I've got the chili!
JamesD

#13 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

new updates at the top of this thread. There are 10 slots left (40 GORC/OTA people signed up currently) so I'm personally asking the GORC community to fill the remaining 10 slots to show that we are serious about bringing back the Berryman!

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#14 climberjevans

climberjevans

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

I'm in with 3.

#15 TTM

TTM

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Parking at the OTA house may become an issue, so please feel free to park next door at the USFS office guest parking.

#16 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Received this email From Jeff Goetter of the OTA ++ Hello Volunteers, We are 19 days from the 4th Annual John Roth Memorial Cook-Off and we have 47 adults and 3 kids signed up to come do some work on the East Berryman and then go eat some good food! As you know we are teaming up with GORC on this event, but I also received word that REI may be providing some goodies to raffle off. Plans for the day. Meet at the Potosi Office 8:00 AM (I will send direction out when we get closer) at 8:00 AM Drop off the food and such, grab the tools we need, then head out to the trail by 8:30 AM Head back to Potosi by 3:00 PM Dinner Not many of you have said what you will be bringing, but if history repeats we will have plenty of food show up that day. The OTA kitchen will be available, plus the Chuckwagon will be open for use. We also have a fire ring in the back yard so if you want a wood fire to cook with. What to Bring Dress for the weather, wear sturdy boots, work gloves, water, and maybe a snack instead of a lunch if you are sticking around for the feast. Remember that you have the option of staying in the bunkhouse or putting up a tent in the back yard. Let me know if you have any questions or if you cannot attend. Thanks Jeff +++ Let's get some more people to help reshape Berryman - the Berryman Rebound!

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#17 jbacon

jbacon

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Sarah and Myself will be there. Not gonna be up till Sat morning, but plan camping Sat and riding Sunday.

#18 mjj29er

mjj29er

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

I'm signed up! MashOr OUT
Big N Tasty

#19 alpinerockfiend

alpinerockfiend

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

The OTA site says the event is full. Is there really a limit to the number of people that can show up. I would like to lend a hand that day. Regardless, I signed up, and will plan on being there.
SINGLETRACK MIND

#20 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

While they post limits, gorc is all for more helping hands! So sign up here if the ota event is listed as full.

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users