• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 95vtr250

95vtr250

Advanced Contributor

• 970 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Call to all GORC members...

We have supported Mesa's Burnin' at the Bluff 6/12 Hour race from the very beginning with our Mountain Bike Patrol group. Over those years, the number of people going down to help out has dwindled. I'm asking for all the patrollers and GORC members to consider lending a hand this year.

All that is required is to take a lap of the course at your own pace and give encouragement to the racers. You do not have to have the training that the patrollers have, however basic first aid knowledge is a plus. I will provide a first aid kit and pack if you don't have one. We are not allowed to help riders repair their mechanicals, but we can stop and offer unwanted advice or just heckle them as they fumble with changing flat tires.

Mesa has reserved a group camping spot for volunteers. So, what better way to spend the weekend than to ride your bike, sit around the fire and enjoy your favorite beverage. But, even just coming down for a few hours and taking a lap would be great.

The event is October 13th and runs from 9am to 9pm. Ideally we would like to have at least 12 people go out in pairs to sweep the course. Please let us know if you can make it.

Thanks!

Bryan Adams, GORC Board Member
Why should I change my name, he's the one that sucks!

#2 95vtr250

95vtr250

Advanced Contributor

• 970 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

We are still looking for help!

Bryan Adams, GORC Board Member
Why should I change my name, he's the one that sucks!

#3 TenBeers

TenBeers

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

GAH! I am on the fence. Somebody convince me. Need a place to camp if I go. I have lights if needed. Can't be there until mid-day Saturday.

'11 Sawyer (suburban assault dog-running bike)

'16 Stache 9 29+

'16 Farley

'17 Fuel EX 8 27.5+

#4 bulldog

bulldog

Geezer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Let me knock you off that fence TB. Greg and I will be there plus other fun loving gorcsters. I hope to be there by 9am. to see the start, then worrying about setting up my one man tent and other junk. (that ought to be fun)the last time I camped out was when my 26 yr. old was 9.
Downhills are fun! Uphills keep you young!

#5 TenBeers

TenBeers

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

Well, Pat, I was hoping for someone younger and better looking. Or at least one of the two. Where are you camping, and do you have room for one (or two) more? Lindy is racing on team Delicious.

'16 Stache 9 29+

'16 Farley

'17 Fuel EX 8 27.5+

#6 gss

gss

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TenBeers
Well, Pat, I was hoping for someone younger and better looking. Or at least one of the two. Where are you camping, and do you have room for one (or two) more? Lindy is racing on team Delicious.
We will be at camp site 14 but GORC has one of the group sites and only 4 people on it, so there will be a ton of room there. Space will not be a problem.

#7 TenBeers

TenBeers

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Cool. Count me in, let me know where I can park my truck and who to go see for orders. Are there any more sites available? I don't mind getting one of my own, but none are available for reservation online. I can probably get there by 10 or 11. Late softball on Friday.

'16 Stache 9 29+

'16 Farley

'17 Fuel EX 8 27.5+

#8 jbacon

jbacon

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

Thank you to all the support out there. It is great to know when you are racing there will be someone there to lend that extra hand of help if needed.

#9 bulldog

bulldog

Geezer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

This was my very first Burnin and just wanted to thank everyone who puts this event on, all of the support people who help with the event, (GORC), and the sponsors who show up with all of there products, and especially the participants who are truly NUTS! While on patrol on my one and only lap, almost all of the racers said thanks for being there. ps: Steph, that was some GREAT chili!!!
Downhills are fun! Uphills keep you young!

#10 Davo

Davo

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

+1 Thanks to all volunteers for the support! I didn't see all of you or get to tell anyone thanks in person, so... THANKS!

#11 newportl

newportl

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Just adding on here - thanks for coming out to support the race!
Luke

#12 TTM

TTM

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

Thanks GORC Mtn Bike Patrol! Great having you all out there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users