5 replies to this topic

#1 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Question for those more in the know than myself. I noticed that the trails around KC show up on google maps, such as Landahl, Swope, Shawnee Mission, Smithville lake. I don't see these for our trails or trails in Central Mo. Is this something that was done by earthriders? Can we do something similar? Just wondering.
Jerry

#2 pilznr

pilznr

• 465 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

http://www.google.com/mapmaker

Greensfelder Cat Herder

#3 supradude

supradude

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

The guy who made THIS ONE hasn't updated it in over 2 years, but is still pretty sweet.
Pizza is life. Beer helps.

#4 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

They don't show a point on the map. As you zoom in it actually shows the trails. Some with the names of the trails. Maybe this can be done from the mapmaker link pilznr referenced.
Jerry

#5 pilznr

pilznr

• 465 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Someone did this for Lost Valley. Not accurate at the moment, however: http://www.google.co....49917730801485 There's a tutorial explaining how do do it, if you're so inclined.

Greensfelder Cat Herder

#6 Deserteagle99uzi

Deserteagle99uzi

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Sorry for not updating that link. It's a project I wanted to originally complete as is being discussed here....full maps instead of just pin drops. I may revisit it and extend it out to colorado and east to the coast with pins at least. I've since moved out of the area to baltimore or else I'd be a lot more active on this board. I'll be busy exploring pennsylvania and west virginia this season but I'll report on here if I make any additions to that website. Definitely missing this forum and an area with regular trail maintenance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users