3 replies to this topic

#1 Grant

Grant

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

i have a meeting near by here, and may get an hour to get out and ride in the afternoon, never ridden here, but if you had only 1 hour what would you ride?
i'm thinking the race route? or declue and maybe dogwood

Team Novo Nordisk MTB

Inspire, Educate, Empower

#2 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

I enjoy DeClue more than Dogwood, and it IS longer. The race course has run CCW (so far [;)]), but I like to run it CW as well. 60 minutes is kinda tight for both trails at the glacial pace I ride at, so check your watch after you finish DeClue to see how much time you've got left.

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#3 TenBeers

TenBeers

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

The fastest riders do the Declue race loop in 35-40 minutes, which is a pretty fast pace. It took me right at an hour, although I can probably do it in 50-55 minutes now. You could do the race route but cut it short at the Scenic Loop road crossing, but you'd miss one of my favorite parts of the trail, and it probably doesn't shave off more than 5 minutes if you are a good climber (fun ride to the bottom of the valley, but you have to climb back out). It would be tough to get both done in an hour.

'11 Sawyer (suburban assault dog-running bike)

'16 Stache 9 29+

'16 Farley

'17 Fuel EX 8 27.5+

#4 Grant

Grant

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

i hit dogwood to declue/green rock deer run to eagle valley going ccw this trail system is awesome and i will be back to hit it clockwise soon. ended up like 10.5 miles and 1:15 minutes

Team Novo Nordisk MTB

Inspire, Educate, Empower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users