3 replies to this topic

#1 TTM

TTM

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:13 AM

Good and bad. The new section is ok, the logs are holding water like sponges...I guess it's ok for temp fix...however it's creating a problem.

There is a tree down near the waterfall that someone decided needed a log pile over...I am ok with logs to get over a downed tree, however, the section of mud for the next 50' makes it a dismount.

The downhill to the waterfall is getting pretty nasty and starting to hold water.

The section at the top of the climb to the ceadar's is now looking like a typical Castlewood trail, as there several routes to get around the long muddy section, possibly a good time to bypass that section and just complete the climb over the hill to the singletrack...maybe about 4 hours with a few skilled trailbuilders...providing the proper approvals.

The daffodils are in full bloom and it appears the back hillside has tripled in size.

Rock armour should fix all of the dips in the new trail.

In summary, you will get dirty, a tad wet. The trail is in great shape otherwise. I would say given the total distance of trail the few problems noted are very minor...ps...it's getting dark around 7:15ish in the woods...keep ur lights handy.

PS...Turkey season is almost here. Hunters lucky enough to win a lottery are starting to scout. Be alert as they are walking the trails. Bikes yield to hikers/walkers.
Youth Season: April 10-April 11
Regular Season: April 19-May 9

#2 Deserteagle99uzi

Deserteagle99uzi

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

2nd for rock armoring. There are 2 places in particular that I doubt will survive the next couple of years without tons of washout unless they are rock armored.

#3 The Barryman

The Barryman

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

I rode it today. Trail was mostly dry. A puddle here and there. I agree about the log pile. I rolled up on that and it was a total "W.T.F.?!?" I could have ridden it, but it would have just dumped and likely imbedded me into the mud on the other side. It looked like the original downed tree could have simply been moved off the trail. So again...W.T.F.!?!?

#4 TTM

TTM

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:18 AM

Saw a storm trooper take nasty spill at those logs last night and just about went swimming. Logs are getting loose...just FYI... Trails Epic otherwise, Weather...Perfect Go Ride unless it rains then wait a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users