6 replies to this topic

#1 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Looks like Go Ape now has its sights set on Creve Couer Park. Makes you wonder if this was chosen because of the lack of equestrian opposition.

http://www.stltoday....2c445be6f5.html
Jerry

#2 bab74

bab74

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

Damn, I thought they got the hint! Go Away!

Shiba Inu's Rock on MTBR

Shibas Kick Ass on Pinkbike

#3 BrianS

BrianS

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

the rep for the area is Kathleen Burkett. I found the below email address have have sent her some questions regarding the overall proposal and whether or not it will interfere with Bootlegers Run. I'm not totally opposed, as long as the trail remains in tact, but another question I raised was how will parking be addressed. The powerhouse lot is pretty full in the summer, with the playground, shelter use, and folks walking the steps. If you want your opinion heard, call or email Kathy or the county # listed above. kburkett@stlouisco.com
BS

Creve Coeur Park Trail Co-Steward

#4 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

There is supposed to be a segment on Fox 2 about this tonight at 10
Jerry

#5 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Here is the link to the story. Sounds like it is almost a done deal. http://fox2now.com/2...get-a-zip-line/
Jerry

#6 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

From today's Post Dispatach, http://www.stltoday....46f5cda417.html Thank god for the equestrians that spoke up at GF about the zip line course, Their sole influence with our politicians is what kept us from the evil Go Ape Adventure. Im glad they are the only user group at the park.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

#7 yurmom

yurmom

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

I may be off base here, but I think this Go Ape thing could be good. Get people out doors, and generate some revenue for Parks Dept. As long as it doesn't force a reroute of existing trail, I'm good with it. Even with another half dozen cars in the park, I can't imagine the park would run out of spots - even on a weekend. The Parks Dept. has the purpose to serve the people with recreational resources. It's this kind of out-of-the-box thinking that they need to have in order to entertain some of the biking ideas we've pitched. Cameron
Don't forget to take your
hamburgered-elbow/poison-ivy/stinging-nettle/branch-in-the-eye
cream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users