So

#2 PatrickP

PatrickP

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:54 AM

WHAT THE F#$@%!!! I'm getting sick of this(those) whimpy rider(s) who can't ride technical stuff and change THE ONE technical public trail we have to make it easier for himself(themselves). How selfish is that? Leave the trail as nature wants it! That's mountain biking and that's what people like about Chubb, it's tough and rough and it changes every time you go there. If you can't climb it, try again. That's what most people do. Some people actually can climb it and it's usually what defines them as better riders. Paving the thing won't make you better, just a selfish cheater. Erosion is happening fast at the steps, it'll be interesting to see what happens when some of the biger rocks there gets loose. We'll have this conversation again. How would this(these) rider(s) feel if we went and put huge boulders in the middle of the flats at Castlewood or the doubletracks at Lost Valley?
Posted Image

#3 D-Kline

D-Kline

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PatrickP
"""" Erosion is happening fast at the steps, it'll be interesting to see what happens when some of the biger rocks there gets loose. We'll have this conversation again. """"
everybody will just have to start huckin' it mang!!! [:p]
The artist formerly known as java1377

www.mtb-stl.com

Posted Image

#4 sniker

sniker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:37 AM

Sounds like a natural feature to me. I wish I had the time to hang out on Chubb and find out who this is. None of this makes sense. Why after how many decades, would someone want to deface the trail like that? It makes one feel helpless!!!!!!!!!

GORC Secretary

#5 GORCrilla

GORCrilla

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

I'm guessing MOMO is at it again. psst...bring the rocks to LV cause that will really solve your problem. Do you really think that someone from these boards is destroying the trails? Jeez, it's probably the damn equestrians that are tired of freeriders laying claim to their trail. Just sayin'...
I support Parade Bags for all horses in county parks!
Posted Image

#6 PatrickP

PatrickP

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:07 PM

Nobody is accusing anyone here, in case you didn't notice, this was posted on every cycling forums in the area. The point to all this is to get people aware of the situation and keep an eye out for people literally destroying Chubb trail. If everyone in the cycling community knows about this, the D-bag(s) doing this will eventually hear about it and realize he(they) shouldn't and then will hopefully stop.
Posted Image

#7 D-Kline

D-Kline

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GORCrilla
I'm guessing MOMO is at it again. psst...bring the rocks to LV cause that will really solve your problem. Do you really think that someone from these boards is destroying the trails? Jeez, it's probably the damn equestrians that are tired of freeriders laying claim to their trail. Just sayin'...
Really bro???? You wanna go there? Your lack of class, respect and intelligence is glaring in the words above. As Patrick stated, the idea is to raise awareness. Why don't you devote your energy to raising awareness rather than stirring up crap by accusing people.If you were informed, you would know that the person has already been identified as an MTB'er. Your comments had no purpose but to stir up crap, it's pathetic and GORC should be embarrassed your handle adorns their name. yea...freeriders are the bad guy once again......

www.mtb-stl.com

Posted Image

#8 pilznr

pilznr

• 464 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

Sigh, that didn't take long for D-Kline to get baited. Gorcrilla is probably trying to be humorous by referring to the fact that the trail was designed by an equestrian who scouted it on horseback. Keep this thread on topic or it's gone.

Greensfelder Cat Herder

#9 95vtr250

95vtr250

Advanced Contributor

• 970 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:06 PM

GORCrilla embarasses us in many ways, but he's fun to have around for the same reasons. The original intent of unknownsoldier13's post is not to be lost. The problem still exists and we (everyone who hikes, bikes or even rides horses on Chubb) should try to get it stopped. However, it's not unlike the multiple lines that form out there. We've been griping about those for years and they still happen. It's hard to catch people in the act. Stupid Message Boards...

Bryan Adams, GORC Board Member
Why should I change my name, he's the one that sucks!

#10 D-Kline

D-Kline

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

hahahaha...you guys are trying to bait me.....we were keeping it on topic until your gorcrilla made his remark.....either way you guys are the ones making it an issue there was no reason to drag any specific group into this this was about rocks remember??????? besides everybody knows patrick is smuggling all the rocks back to canada so he can build an underground railroad to sneak his family into the country

www.mtb-stl.com

Posted Image

#11 stlfreerider314

stlfreerider314

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

^^^^^Hahahahahhah^^^^^ Nice Eric
Posted Image
Josh Phillips
Gateway Freeride Founding Member

#12 PatrickP

PatrickP

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D-Kline
besides everybody knows patrick is smuggling all the rocks back to canada so he can build an underground railroad to sneak his family into the country
Dude! It was a secret! Now homeland security will bust my @$$. [:D]
Posted Image

#13 D-Kline

D-Kline

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PatrickP
quote:
Originally posted by D-Kline
besides everybody knows patrick is smuggling all the rocks back to canada so he can build an underground railroad to sneak his family into the country
Dude! It was a secret! Now homeland security will bust my @$$. [:D]
oops! [:p] don't worry dude...homeland security couldn't catch a cold... anyways, back to the issue at hand...... if we know where rocks belong are the parks cool with us putting them back in place? if we can keep putting stuff back this dude has eventually got to get tired of moving the same rocks right?? im not sure it will be easy to nail the person since that isn't always the busiest trail the whole thing just seems weird to me[?]

www.mtb-stl.com

Posted Image

#14 sniker

sniker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Put the rocks back. If I could quit my job as a nurse, I would hang out all day at Chubb and figure out who/what was doing this. No one likes to see the trail destroyed. NO ONE! Equestrian, hiker, runner, or biker. No one. Plus, I am pretty sure that no one from GORC is doing it. Why would they? Why would anyone?

GORC Secretary

#15 D-Kline

D-Kline

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

Most people's riding schedules are somewhat regular. Jason at least narrowed down the time frame when he saw some changes. It would be a huge help if people who notice changes can pin down the time when they noticed it. It might enable people to be on the look-out during certain times. just a thought

www.mtb-stl.com

Posted Image

#16 bulldog

bulldog

Geezer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

I actually agree with everybody. Damn!
Downhills are fun! Uphills keep you young!

#17 sniker

sniker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

We talked with John Stanger today at todays Greensfelder workday. He said that it would be a great help to get where specifically this is happening, unless of course it is just the entire trail. He was recently made aware of the situation and likes it less than we do. He is not happy about it but is unsure as to how to combat it. The best way is to (obviously) catch the person in the act and call the ranger on them. I believe someone has posted that number. Maybe if we all put that phone number into our cell phones and also get a pic of the person we can get this resolved. Not sure if getting license numbers from the parking lot prior to riding would help, couldn't hurt. We have a park number of 314-615-4733 Let's get these guys!

GORC Secretary

#18 unknownsoldier13

unknownsoldier13

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

From what I could tell over the past month it appears the rocks were moved at 4 different intervals.

#19 PatrickP

PatrickP

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:29 AM

We took a license plate log last night at the West Tyson upper lot. We were the last ones to leave and there wasn't any rocks removed as of when we rode out. Honestly, I really have no clue where they could take anymore rocks off.
Posted Image

#20 D-Kline

D-Kline

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

In the original thread "Doug" made this statement "The guy moving the rocks is unfortunatley another mountain biker my buddy and I met up with hime on our weekly ride at chubb this week. He said he was smoothing the trail to improve his own lap times. What an ass. We told him he was destroying the trail and to stop it. We also told him if he wanted smooth faster trails to try castlewood/rollercoaster loop. Hopefully this wont happen anymore. Those rocks are one of the reasons real mountain bikers love that trail and why we have been riding it so long!" I didn't see a description of the guy anywhere else in the thread. Even if we just knew what kind of bike the guy was riding. Personally I notice bikes a lot more than riders when I'm out. Just a thought. Maybe if that "Doug" guy is reading this he can offer up more information.

www.mtb-stl.com

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users