27 replies to this topic

#21 D-Kline

D-Kline

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

just saw this under the Cliff Cave section posted by pinchflat "As of 10-7 it is nice. Slightly overgrown but rideable. Someone has been moving rocke out of the trail on the overlook section (about 10-12) leaving holes in the trail. Park rangers and Maint. have been notified although they were more concerned about gatting the new gate up on the cave." it's like a friggin epidemic [xx(] i dont ride cliff cave, but its still just as annoying as the issue at chubb not trying to add any more fuel to the fire but figured i would share for others who maybe hadn't seen it [?]
The artist formerly known as java1377

www.mtb-stl.com

Posted Image

#22 b-herb

b-herb

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

If we can narrow the time frame down a bit, I still say we need some sort of video/photo camera attached to a tree by the problem area(s). Just like when people steal stuff from someones house and they set up a camera to catch them in the act. Just have to find one or buy one.

Save a trail, ride a bike!

\m/ >_< \m/

#23 Deserteagle99uzi

Deserteagle99uzi

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by b-herb
If we can narrow the time frame down a bit, I still say we need some sort of video/photo camera attached to a tree by the problem area(s). Just like when people steal stuff from someones house and they set up a camera to catch them in the act. Just have to find one or buy one.
Something like this is a hell of a lot cheaper. I kind of can't believe this guy has been able to evade for this long. Baseball bats are pretty cheap too. http://www.amazon.co...5035605&sr=8-16 On a more serious note any chance this could be escalated into general or announcements? It sounds like 1 guy and it also sounds like massive trail damage. If this individual decides to do this at matson hill or LV those trails will be wrecked within weeks as the rock armoring on them is much more essential than on most trails due to the long drain/dry time they require.

#24 adonai1st

adonai1st

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Why not post something on the biking section of craigslist about this? That way our message about this crap will reach more people and hopefully the offender as well. I'd do it myself but craigslist is blocked at my work.

#25 Doug

Doug

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:50 PM

Been of the grid awhile and I hate to hear (and see) that rocks are being moved again. If memory serves me right the guy was probably 40 to 50 years old and a little ... pudgy. (I guess that won't offend anyone) I dont remember what kind of bike it was except that it was an older hardtail of some type. Hope this helps. You would think with the new orange signs that are up this guy (if it is the same guy)would get a clue and quit moving stuff.

#26 bulldog

bulldog

Geezer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

I'm 60 and I'm not fat! Am I? And besides, I like climbing over big rocks, you can call home and ask my Wife! Seriously, I do hope this clown get's caught. The steps keep being altered which really sucks!
Downhills are fun! Uphills keep you young!

#27 Doug

Doug

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

You are very right about the steps. I have been riding Chubb quite awhile and have never had much problem riding down them untill a couple weeks ago when I encountered the alterations this guy made. I did not see the changes till it was to late. I almost bit it but I got lucky. Of course it couldnt have been due to rider error! Seriously though this guy is bound to get the point soon. Someone is going to catch him in the act (again).

#28 cwright

cwright

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:43 AM

They make cameras for deer hunting that are triggered by motion. Any deer hunters that want to volunteer a camera to get a couple photos. Just move the rocks back in where they were and put a camera on a tree. See what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users