4 replies to this topic

#1 B-unit

B-unit

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

A buddy sent me this news article. It might make your brain hurt a little but it's short.

http://mobile.rawsto...7fc7b56705418dd

#2 pilznr

pilznr

• 465 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Leave it to B-Unit to post something inflammatory! [}:)]

Greensfelder Cat Herder

#3 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Those darn bikers. Polluting our air by breathing. And not paying road taxes. I know the damage to the road from bicycles is just appalling. Maybe bikers in Seattle don't have cars, but sure seems that we have at least 1 and I think I pay road taxes. If we all rode bikes, would we have to subsidize big oil companies?
Jerry

#4 JohnMc

JohnMc

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Non mobile link: http://www.rawstory....tion-than-cars/ The article doesn't mention it, but isn't the main thing the politician is missing is the difference between fossil carbon being reintroduced to the environment after being sequestered underground for 100's of millions of years, and carbon being run through the normal cycle between plants and animals. The carbon in gasoline is 'new' carbon, it's added to the existing amount in circulation. Carbon in food was pulled out of the air a year ago, more or less, and is being re-released, not a net addition to the amount in circulation.

#5 Stl_Greaser

Stl_Greaser

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

I think what they are missing the most is that cars emit CO or carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas to humans and animals and also ozone, benzene, VOC's and other hydrocarbons. People exhale CO2 carbon dioxide in much lower levels than any car and we don't produce any of the other poisonous chemicals that automobile exhaust has. This dude is a tool!
Brian Barton
Broemmelsiek Trail Steward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users