8 replies to this topic

#1 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

So does anyone have any more info on this proposal?
http://www.stltoday....5604c99bba.html
Jerry

#2 Nelmenator

Nelmenator

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

It sounds like they want an alternative for the dirt crits. Not to jump to conclusions, but I really hope castlewood hasn't said NO to the crits this year. That's the highlight of the summer! Anyone have any info?

#3 Lee

Lee

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

My understanding is that they are indeed looking to do the Dirt Crits at a new Valley Park location. Not sure about the status of the Castlewood races (I do know that working with the park/official can be challenging ), so lets embrace the efforts of Two Timing Guys. Just

#4 falasi4

falasi4

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Nothing against Castlewood other than it's a royal pain to get to (from IL side anyway) right after work during rush hour with any decent amount of time left to warm-up for the sprint-your-guts-out starts that are part of the Dirt Crits. A new venue might be even more awesome - especially if it has less issues with pedestrians ignoring all the caution tape and race-in-progress signs and then acting surprised when a pack of riders blow by on the trail at almost 30mph...

#5 Stl_Greaser

Stl_Greaser

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

That's my home town. I may have to shoot some emails to some old alderman friends and see what the deal is.
Brian Barton
Broemmelsiek Trail Steward

#6 95vtr250

95vtr250

Advanced Contributor

• 976 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Absolutely, I hope they pull it off. More opportunities for mountain bikes is a great thing. Good luck to them.

Bryan Adams, GORC Board Member
Why should I change my name, he's the one that sucks!

#7 Stl_Greaser

Stl_Greaser

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

As it would turn out, one of my ex-girlfriends from high school is with the Valley Park parks department. I sent her an email expressing mine and all of GORCs support of any more trails in the area.
Brian Barton

#8 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 605 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

And that's how the Advocacy part works. Thanks for putting a bug in their ear about the positive benefits of having new singletrack in Valley Park. Near Castlewood that could get tied into the Meramec Greenway some day. Now about that Route 66 bridge...
  • Stl_Greaser likes this

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#9 Stl_Greaser

Stl_Greaser

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well they received a 7 to 1 vote for the trail from the residence that showed up to the meeting. The Board of Alderman have moved to add the user agreement to the April 1, 2013 meeting. I would encourage you all to contact the Valley Park parks Director. He will forward all emails to all of the alderman for you.

Brian Barton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users