Hello Everyone, Admin here,
Excuse the haphazard notes but it's been a string of late nights the past few weeks. No, the post time above is not wrong.
First of all, welcome to the brand new Gateway Off-Road Cyclist's (GORC) forum software. We are glad you found your way over here.
Let's quickly go over some known issues from converting our old forum to this one:
If you have an existing account then fear not, most of your settings have made the voyage. But here's what didn't make it though the rabbit hole:
1. Your PASSWORD is invalid.
- Your USERNAME made it. Your PASSWORD is GONE. Therefore, you must RESET YOUR PASSWORD to gain access to your account for posting access, etc
- FEEL FREE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD TO THE SAME ONE YOU USED ON THE OLD FORUM TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASY.
- The email containing your reset password instructions may end up in your SPAM box. Be sure to check it and WAIT 5-10 minutes. There have been email delays from this server.
- OK, if you can reset your password, we've gotten through the hard part.
2. Any TOPIC without a reply (no replies) is vaporized. Toast. Out of 13,000+ topics/posts the conversion lost 1,500+ topics/posts. Not the end of the world considering only the boring topics didn't make the conversion. Nobody replied to the post so they must've been lame, right?. Well, that's what we gotta say because they aren't coming back unless you trace them down and manually copy them into the this forum.
3. Your SIGNATURE is being detained off-shore and isn't making the trip. You WILL HAVE TO recreate your signature if you had one. Again, no big deal unless you had a custom haiku. At that point, just visit the old forum and copy/paste it onto your signature field here on this shiny new forum.
4. Your avatar (if you choose to use one) must be in a square aspect ratio to render properly on the forum. We've set a 150x150 pixel size for your individual profile page. Failure to keep your avatar square-like will result in weird squishy images that just look terrible. Keep the place respectful ;-) 100KB upload is the limit. We don't host 2mb avatar files here!
5. LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Any post on the old board made after 7:30 Tuesday, March 19th didn't beam over so you will have to copy/paste it here.
6. If you created a user account on the old site after 7:30 Tuesday, March 19th you will have to Create a brand new user account on this board.
You can leave comments below if you run into troubles - we want to make the transition for you as easy as possible.