Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hiked Chubb, too wet to ride.

3 trees down on flint

1 tree down from picnic table back to west tyson

1 tree down on connector

Geo Tracker wide and apparently technical is out and flow is in.

Trees all have ride arounds so I guess that's the end of the story. I'm too busy to ride, let alone saw trees.

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#2 BrianFalls21

BrianFalls21

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

I edited this post because when I looked at it again today I thought it was mean-spirited.  I apologize if anyone was offended, I really don't want to seem like a jerk.  

To better say what I wanted to say last night:

I believe Flow happens both when skilled riders smooth out technical challenges and pump the naturally smooth and bermed areas.  

When I ride Chubb and other technically demanding trails with go-arounds and bail-outs, I try to stay on the original line as much as possible.  My challenge to you would be to do the same so that you build your skills as much as possible, thus making mountain biking more enjoyable for you, and everyone else (trails will stay truer).

If you aren't comfortable riding a line, especially if you are new to mountain biking, my advice would be to session the line slowly with someone who is skilled, or simply dismount and walk your bike.  Please don't create go-arounds, because what happens for me, is I accidentally hit the bail-outs and then get incredibly frustrated with myself.  

If you are creating chicken-lines because you are committing strava-cide or just concerned about your average speed, please reconsider your motivations for mountain biking and realize that to some of us, mountain biking is a reflection of our lives.  I ride methodically, critically, and sometimes just plain crazy because that's who I am in life too.  If you ride lazily, without care to other trail users, and irresponsibly, maybe it's a reflection of your character.  

Just my 2 cents, and hopefully less mean-spirited than last night's post.  

Oh, and if I see anyone going right around the tree (you know, the new "line" to the right of said tree) at the beginning of the Eagle Valley single track just below the visitor's center, I will probably razz you senselessly   I did it the other day and still haven't forgiven myself for it.   

N.F.S. Certified Sawyer & Greensfelder Sawyer

SS Rockhopper "Black Pearl"

Specialized "Blackbeard" Crave

GT "White Lightning" Zaskar (2013-2014)

#3 gss

gss

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

There are more trees than I cared to count down on the flats.  Many are 2 feet in diameter and most have ride arounds.  You would need advanced trials riding skills to even attempt to get over most of them.  The section between the rock garden and the parking lot at the base of the hill is in serious need of a chain saw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users