#1 Oh Baby

Oh Baby

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:22 PM

perfect, dusty. even the "waterfall log pile" is dry

I passed an older couple walking their bikes(going clockwise just past the bridge re-route) and stopped to see if they were alright. They wanted to know how much further and how to get out. I obviously explained, they seemed fine and were still enjoying themselves.

That got me thinking though, is there any signage when you come out of the newest section, or plans to add any? (I wasn't paying attention; drivetrain issues...[:(!])

-Jon A

"Oh Baby!" - Ken Wilson      /     "dasvidaniya!" - Nick

#2 TTM

TTM

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

Agreed. Gotta get some signage w/ Maps up about distance and conditions. So many people hit the trail and are unaware. Signage needs to be replace on the trail. John V. - I will volunteer to hang the signage if you need a hand getting it back out there. Also as a PSA: I think there should be a sign recommending helmets...as I have no desire to scrape up grey matter from the trail.

#3 c-dub

c-dub

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

yes on the helmets, was out there today and heard the sounds of a tree branch falling, stopped to figure out where it was, spotted it, and it landed about 5 feet in front of me all in a split second,
on the edge of overriding the conditions

#4 rebelssof

rebelssof

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

Yep I heard the tree branch falling too and stopped and saw it fall in your area c-dub. I also chased a raccoon down the trail for at 100 feet just before the last creek crossing that joins up with the abandon road and I also saw my first black snake of the year to on the double track somewhere before the pond. And one other thing who let the beavers loose in the new section. LOL
Charles

#5 Woodland Wildlife

Woodland Wildlife

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

Concerning signage: We have Carsonite markers and plan to sign the entire Lost Valley Trail within the next couple of weeks. We've been swamped with some other projects but hope to get the trail signed soon. As much as I hate to say it, a 'little bit' of rain would help with marker installation. We went from mud to almost too dry in a matter of a couple of weeks. Thanks for everyone that helps direct new trail users on how to find their cars!! John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users