1 reply to this topic

#1 tholtman

tholtman

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

The last couple of years we've you the great volunteers of the Bike Patrol out at the Indian Camp Creek race.  It's been a great piece of mind for me as the race director and for the racers knowing that help is there in case we need it.

This year's race is right around the corner: Sat. June 22nd.  Sorry, i'm asking wish such short notice, but is it possible to have the Patrol out there with us again this year?

If so, please let me know who to contact with the details.

Thanks,

Todd

#2 B-unit

B-unit

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Todd, I'm sorry to say but starting last winter the GORC Patrol has been unable to continue supporting races and events like we had been. Our active membership has been steadily shrinking for a while leaving the remaining patrollers staffing all of the patrolled events. Those same members in most cases have also assumed additional volunteer roles and responsibilities in GORC... it's now just a small number of people and most are wearing multiple hats. As a result, we're in the regrettable position of not having the capacity to support the races and events that we've enjoyed patrolling in years past.

If you don't mind, PM me when you get an convenient opportunity. I'd like to see if we can't still help you in some fashion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users