Know a Missouri road that needs a shoulder? Know a dozen of them?
Submit them here--deadline is June 30th:
At a recent meeting with MoDOT Director Dave Nichols and the leaders of four
major Missouri bicycle/pedestrian advocacy groups, we told him one of the top
needs for bicyclists across Missouri was roads with good, bicycleable
"Submit them!" he said. "Submit them to our list.
Submit them all!"
So you've been
challenge by MoDOT's leader: Submit every road in your area that needs a shoulder to the MoDOT list:
- Roads that have too much traffic to
bicycle regularly or safely without a bicycleable shoulder
- Roads that have shoulders that are too narrow
to safely use for bicycling
- Roads that have a narrow shoulder and a rumble
strip--where a wider shoulder would help
- Routes that your local bicycle group could take if
only that one stretch of one road had a shoulder
- Bridges or overpasses that lack
- Roads that mostly have shoulders--but the shoulders
are missing in a few spots
- Don't assume someone else has submitted your road--even
if they have, every submission is a like a 'vote' for adding
a shoulder to your road. So the more votes, the better.
shoulder need now!