6 replies to this topic

#1 itsboz

itsboz

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:22 AM

Thanks to all who contributed to the building, fixing, and maintaining for the trails both old and new at Greensfelder. We rolled the new stuff and the old stuff last night. Wow, when the new trails get smoothed in this is going to be one epic loop! We started on the old race loop and then crossed Allenton for the new race loop. Bingo! Well done and MANY MANY thanks.
www.twowheelblogs.com/boz

#2 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 599 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:15 AM

I have a vision for Greensfelder that is slowly coming to fruition. My personal goal is to make Greensfelder THE gem of St. Louis county parks. It's large acreage and noteworthy elevation changes, coupled with large tracts of untapped potential makes it a very exciting place for me...plus I live close by and have a personal stake in the whole master plan. Thank you for the compliments towards GORC. We aim to please!

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#3 pilznr

pilznr

• 464 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:37 AM

Yes, please don't stop riding Dogwood and the DeClue connector. We need to keep tires down on them. Starting at the Roundhouse parking lot, riding a loop of Dogwood, and then following DeClue from the Roundhouse connector to Scenic Loop Rd. is just under 8 miles of 100% singletrack. From there you can head downward and ride east and follow the race loop, or west and follow the gravel EV until you come to the new singletrack there, and ride it up to the Visitors Center. (Unfortunately, this currently requires a bit of walking, but we're hoping to get to that soon.)

Greensfelder Cat Herder

#4 Thrasher

Thrasher

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

Matt and Ron are the men at GF. I also would like to restate my gratitude for all their hard work, which includes a lot more time than workdays. Matt literally strained his back and has put his own riding on hold while working at GF. While the SS racers may be glad to have one less fast guy to worry about, we'd all like to see him get to race "his" race. I also heard GORC is looking for volunteers help to work the race so racers like Matt and Bryan can actually take part. This would be a great way for non-racers to show their gratitude.

#5 95vtr250

95vtr250

Advanced Contributor

• 970 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

I'm not doing that race! I heard you won't even finish a lap without the XX.

Bryan Adams, GORC Board Member
Why should I change my name, he's the one that sucks!

#6 Thrasher

Thrasher

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

Well now, this is getting confusing.

Shimano unveiled their "XXX" - 3x10 today at Sea Otter - isn't more better? I must take out a loan and find out!

http://www.bikeradar...d-in-2010-25297

#7 SwissJumper

SwissJumper

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

Is there a new map with the trail updates posted somewhere?
- SwissJumper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users