6 replies to this topic

#1 rebelssof

rebelssof

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

Ok finally got out and rode race course and all I can say is holy cow that is allot of climbing and some of the new sections are extremely rough to ride on older rigid MTB, I thought I was going to get shaken to death riding that stuff but good time were had though. But I still had good times.[:D]
Charles

#2 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:57 AM

Chuck, I can't believe you rode out there rigid. When I ride out there, I keep thinking as I get older I should go FS. I rode the normal Dogwood,Declue route yesterday. Saw a few bikers and some trail riders.The extensions and reroutes on Declue are great. Conditions were accually dusty. Very strange riding through the burned area. Can still smell it.
Jerry

#3 rebelssof

rebelssof

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

I ride everything rigid unless I am riding big mountain stuff as riding the big bike would really zap my energy quick in a place like this. I am thinking about getting a used XC fork at some point so my hands don't get so numb and tingly during my XC rides. I contemplating trying some of the ESI chunky or Ergon GE1 enduro grips before I give up on the rigid fork though as I have this problem with my wrists/hands when I ride DH on my big bike so I don't think a suspension fork would eliminate the problem.
Charles

#4 rebelssof

rebelssof

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

I ride everything rigid unless I am riding big mountain stuff as riding the big bike would really zap my energy quick in a place like this. I am thinking about getting a used XC fork at some point so my hands don't get so numb and tingly during my XC rides. I contemplating trying some of the ESI chunky or Ergon GE1 enduro grips before I give up on the rigid fork though as I have this problem with my wrists/hands when I ride DH on my big bike so I don't think a suspension fork would eliminate the problem.
Charles

#5 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:29 AM

I've got to hand it to you for that. I don't think I could do that very long on the rigid bike out there. I will ride the ss rigid at some of the less technical trails. I put Ergon GP1 on the hardtail. I have run these for about 1 1/2 years. These did help with the hand /wrist issues. They did not eliminate the issues. On the ss rigid I am running Ergon GX1. These are smaller but are softer than the GP1. Can't decide which is better. I still have to think about not holding the grips too tight. May be bad form and or years of wrenching that contributes to this.
Jerry

#6 rebelssof

rebelssof

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

I agree with not holding the grips to tight and I don't think it takes very long wrenching on cars to destroy your hands and wrists as I only did it for about 10 year and I have problems and I am sure your are probably worse than mine.[B)]
Charles

#7 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

The things we do so we can go have fun
Jerry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users