• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CaryA

CaryA

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

After being on Bangert yesterday I decided to go to Lost Valley after reading about it on here and a couple other sites. I'd read about the singletrack but was just cruising along and passed it. Went back and was just amazed at how intense it was. Of course I was on a Trek FX 7.3, and I don't think that's the right bike, ha ha. Somehow my tires survived all those rocks. I was in jeans, and since my bug repellent didn't work, a light jacket to avoid the ticks. I was SO unqualified to ride this, I couldn't believe what I had got myself into, but it was the most fun and best workout I've had in years. The rocks in the path, the logs, the part of the trail where if you slip, you're basically going down a hill for a tumble; all of it. While I was fortunate enough to not completely wreck, largely because I was smart enough to walk a few of the sections I knew my bike or myself were not gonna make it, I did scrape a couple rocks, a couple trees and came off my bike just enough once to rack myself pretty good. Now I know why mtb'ers wear the gear they do, but with a little more experience and better conditioning, I plan on taking on that Lost Valley singletrack again. You guys have done an amazing job with this trail, and I can't wait to tell some other riders I know about it, just in case they haven't been there before. Looking forward to the next trail some time next week probably. Thanks!

#2 bulldog

bulldog

Geezer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

You remind me of how I felt eleven years ago when I "discovered" the blue ribbon trail at Castlewood the first time I rode it! I thought I was so far back in the woods, I was watching out for bears and wolves! Just proves; your first time is always the best time! Pat
Downhills are fun! Uphills keep you young!

#3 JeffB

JeffB

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for the smile. I remember pushing my entry level bike (w/reflectors) up a hill to a bench at Blue Ribbon. Upon making it to the top, I promptly puked and then watched my buddy drop back down the hill and destroy the climb. I was in awe and determined to do that at some point after a good nap. Keep up the good work, CaryA.
- Jeff

#4 Deserteagle99uzi

Deserteagle99uzi

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:27 AM

LV was my introductory trail for the 1st year before I branched out to others in the area. It is an excellent training trail particularly with the new singletrack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users