3 replies to this topic

#1 Axeman

Axeman

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Got a late start to work this morning because I had to work late last night so I took advantage and got a ride in before the rains come. Bangert is just about as good as I've ever seen it, minus a couple spots that are dry but quite rutted from people riding when it was too wet, but not as bad as I was expecting. The mosquitos on the other hand were worse than I was expecting. When first starting out around 9:30-10:00 the blood suckers on the south loop I almost needed a mask to keep from sucking them in by accident while breathing. You could feel them bouncing off your arms and legs. I've almost never seen them this thick anywhere. I must have caught them right when they come out though because on my second loop they had thinned out a lot
'06 Gary Fisher Piranha

#2 Oh Baby

Oh Baby

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

did you notice how there were fewer spiderwebs? your welcome[:D] but seriously, every time I stopped to get the webs off my face, I was mauled by the skeeters too, forgot my jungle juice.

-Jon A

"Oh Baby!" - Ken Wilson      /     "dasvidaniya!" - Nick

#3 Axeman

Axeman

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

I did notice that... thank you very much!!
'06 Gary Fisher Piranha

#4 ebuckley

ebuckley

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

I was one of the last to ride it before the rain showed up yesterday (started sprinkling on my way home). Was amazed at how little sand there was given that the whole place was underwater just a few weeks ago. Trail was in such good shape that I doubt the 1/3" of rain we got gooped it up much.
Eric

Redline Monocog Flight 29 SS
Kona King Kahuna 29 HT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users