2 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Looking at doing some backpacking on the Berryman.   Looking at some of the water sources.  I know Beecher spring is a source.  Does anyone know if  Brazil Creek Campground or Berryman Camp ground has a water source.  I've been to both, but don't remember seeing one.  Thanks. 

Also has anyone ever backpacked the Berryman.  Curious where they started or where they camped, thanks. 

#2 Deadguy

Deadguy

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

Berryman campground:  Does NOT have a water source

Brazil Creek Campground:  Has the creek but no potable water source

the spring is really the only source I know of

this job runs you...this day kills you...this suit owns you...this man tells you...

#3 TTM

TTM

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

Team Trail MOnster completed a 3 backpacking trip many years ago with an 18 month old.

Start at Berryman campground clockwise.  1st nightcamp on the ridge north of Beecher spring - Good water source)  7.5 mile marker

2nd night half way to Brazil Campground.  (Cached water at FloydTower crossing... Milemarker 8.5 )

NIght 3 mle marker 21.5. (Cached water at 19.5 (Floyd Tower)

USe this map. http://gorctrails.com/trails/berryman

Cache water and other supplies in woods at road crossings. Easy driving route to stash supplies and retrieve on the way home.

Fresh water and an ice cold drink can pretty nice.

AS for other water sources...stock ponds and a couple small wet weather springs exists around..better off stashing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users