• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 1bad99rt

1bad99rt

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

Just wanted to see if anyone had been to castlewood this week? I was hoping to try out my new ride in the morning. Just dont want to drive an hour to turn around and head home. If the conditions are good, does anyone want to join me? I could use a riding buddy or two.

#2 bulldog

bulldog

Geezer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Conditions will be great! You'll have a hundred or so police mountain bikers for company tomorrow. Enjoy.
Downhills are fun! Uphills keep you young!

#3 gss

gss

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

Conditions out there are perfect but I think most people will be at the GORC fundraiser race at Greensfelder. http://www.unitedind...d=9:xc&Itemid=6

#4 xumrunr

xumrunr

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

I rode CW today. It is in great shape. There was very few people there. Not sure why but there was less people than when it is 20 degrees out. Go for it!!

#5 rmo55c

rmo55c

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xumrunr
I rode CW today. It is in great shape. There was very few people there. Not sure why but there was less people than when it is 20 degrees out. Go for it!!
Possible scattered storms with all of the regular riders prepping for the race tomorrow at GFelder. There's your empty park [:D]

Ryan
Former Castlewood Trail Steward

#6 1bad99rt

1bad99rt

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

Yea, I wanted to go to that but I am a little insecure with my ability at the moment and wouldnt want to throw off someones game who knows what theyre doing. Whats with the police bikers? Training?

#7 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 1bad99rt
. . . Whats with the police bikers? Training?
They're attending this: http://www.ipmba.org/conferences.htm GORCers have been helping out at Castlewood all week.

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#8 1bad99rt

1bad99rt

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

Well, I got a good day in today. Conditioins were great! there were a few soggy spots but nothing bad. First time at Castlewood and first time on my new bike! Really like the park! I only got to ride River scene and Stinging Nettle today. I would love to join GORC officially but have to save up some cash first. Spent my last $20 on gas and lunch today..haha. Thats what happens when you're a broke college kid!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users