No replies to this topic

#1 BrianFalls21

BrianFalls21

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

Well imba doesn't think BT is an epic, but I do. Mainly because it is down right tough. Tough in the sense it holds up in all conditions and tough in the sense that it kicks my butt every time.

It was awesome to see so many friendly faces out there too. It's fun enjoyed alone for the wilderness experience or with friends because stories always come from a trip to BT with buds.

By the end of my first lap it was raining. No big because the trail is made of rock.

For my second "lap" I rode my favorite sections of trail via "Shirley Ridge." How many trails can you do that on when you're not feeling the whole next lap?

Its not overgrown. There's no honeysuckle. It's August. How many other trails is that true for, without mass labor?

It's just the Berryman. And it's plain awesome.

Some random beta: I don't find the east side as eroded as some people complain about. It's a hard section of trail but considering it's age and geography it's pretty fun and flowy between Brazil and Berryman Camp, clockwise. I'm comfortable riding it on my hard tail.

The loop on my computer is exactly 26 miles. The rerouts should now take you around any of the more nasty sections of the old trail, including all but one switchback leading down to Brazil, clockwise. Stay right at the junction after the first SB and you're golden.

About a half dozen walk over, pretty evenly distributed. The biggest is about 2 miles short of Brazil on the second to last descent. Its a monster and needs at least a 20" bar on a larger chainsaw. The others just require a small chainsaw and another half dozen small snags could be cleared by arm power.

Creek crossings are a non issue. Bugs weren't bad - no ticks but a few horse flies.

Watch for deer on W if accessing via Brazil. Six of em this morning.

If using Floyd Tower to bail or connect points, I got exactly 5 miles from Berryman to Brazil. Very fun descent on W. Very.

I think that's about it...just go ride it. Whether it takes you 8 hours or you can ride 3 laps in 8 hours, it's equally fun, and yes, epic.
  • TTM likes this

N.F.S. Certified Sawyer & Greensfelder Sawyer

SS Rockhopper "Black Pearl"

Specialized "Blackbeard" Crave

GT "White Lightning" Zaskar (2013-2014)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users