The Hippie Daredevils Who Invented Mountain Biking

mtb history klunkerz

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pilznr

pilznr

• 465 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

Nice article on mtb history. Has some interesting tidbits that I don't remember from Klunkerz.

If you're interested in this kind of stuff check out the pictures of Rockbreaker and friends riding back in the late 80s via the blog.

Greensfelder Cat Herder

#2 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

Great stuff,  I was a sophomore in college and worked at Alpine Shop, I bought my first Stumpjumper for $240.00 employee cost w/tax, 7 speed thumb shifters.....  TC had 6-7 stores, Bike Center had 3-4 stores, Castlewood had 1 trail-Grotpeter and Chubb was the best "long distance: trail around with the exception of Berryman.  Dan Libby, TK, Brent Hanln, Erc Martin and Russ Murphy were bad a%%......Races were held at Queeny, Kirkwood Park, The Old Cliff Cave and Love Park off Manchester Rd behind the Lexus dealer. And mud and wet conditions did not stop us from riding... How things have changed for the better  !!!!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

#3 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 604 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

We moved the blog content from Blogger to within the GORC site, too. You can find the article here

http://gorctrails.co...mountain-biking

Took 2 long months of after work manual transfers and code cleanup. Whew.

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mtb, history, klunkerz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users