• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 YJim

YJim

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

Hiked Bangert today. Tried to stomp down the damage from mudbikers. Some D-Bag with an axe chopped an easy line through Sandy Link... Right down the middle :-(

#2 Tony C

Tony C

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

I am an approved builder of MTB features on the island. Can you describe, photograph or use map my ride to pinpoint the illegal line? When you say "Sandy Link" I am assuming you are talking about the new Tornado Alley tree crossing ride. Bangert is right in my backyard and I'm more than happy to go close off any unauthorized changes.

Call or text me to discuss if you like.

#3 TTM

TTM

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

Tony - I think YJim is speaking of the notches cut in all of the downed trees.  Someone carved out chainring bypassess through all of the down trees.  The trees are still there, now they have an advantage line.  I am not unhappy as my ECR chainrings are clearing them fine. 

YJim...wait til spring there will be a new batch of downed trees to ride over, until then keep on bunnyhoppin'.  

While it doesnt' excuse muddy riding... it seems to be somewhat overlooked at Bangert as it is flooded most every year and the mighty Mo deposits lots more sand. The "muddylines" or "rutted lines" will breakdown pretty quickly on Bangert as it is ~80% sandy loam.

#4 Tony C

Tony C

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

Ok. That makes more sense now. The county parks maintenance crew went through and notched out those logs. I believe the Parks Department received some concerns about the difficulty of the new log sections.I also received complaints from two customers that the section was too hard. Conversely, I've had lots of compliments on the new section of trail too. At this point, I am just happy they are leaving the log crossings in place.I think the way they notched out the logs strikes a nice balance for riders that aren't up for the full log toss. For the most part, you can still bypass the cheat line and ride over the whole log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users