7 replies to this topic

#1 Rockboy

Rockboy

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:32 AM

It is time once again for the umpteenth annual Thanksgiving morning Chubb Trail ride. This ride usually sees around 60-70 riders and is purely a great way to start off your holiday season.
Whats the plan?:
When: Thanksgiving morning 2009

Time: 9:30 AM

Where: Meeting at the Flint Quarry Trail parking area at Tyson Park. If you need directions check out the Chubb Trail directions under the Trails icon at the top of the Gorctrails main page.

Note: We usually park at the Lone Elk Park end of the trail and ride the bottoms but this year the bottoms are just now recovering from a heavy flood so we will only ride the Tyson side.

The ride:
Clip in and leave the parking lot for a short ride up the Chubb Shelter connecter trail (unofficial trail name "Sam A Roy), We will then ride the Chubb out past the picnic table, down the stairs to the RR Tracks for a short break.
We will turn around and head up the Chubb to the picnic table. Turn left at the picnic table onto the Flint Quarry Trail and we will ride it on out to the car.

Post Ride: Head home and partake in a huge feed of grubbage, vittles, and goodness with your family and/or friends.

See ya there and be ready to clip in at 9:30 so everyone can get off to start there thanksgiving on time.

This ride brought to you by Rockboy

No Pain, No Fun!
Tribal 2000!
Rockboy like rocks!

#2 Rockboy

Rockboy

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

Raining hard now on Tuesday morning at 11am. If it rains all day we may be a no go for Thursday. Will keep an eye on it and post up. Maybe Fred Williams can chime in. Will update Wed if the ride is off due to wet trails. Rob
No Pain, No Fun!
Tribal 2000!
Rockboy like rocks!

#3 sasmith

sasmith

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

Saturday could be the pick day of the weekend. I will gladly recon Chubb and GF Friday if Thursday's a no go.
Steve

#4 Big Jim Mac

Big Jim Mac

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:19 PM

Is this still on?
What, me hurry?

#5 Rockboy

Rockboy

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:05 PM

It is on. Word is that the Tyson side is good and will be better by Thursday morning. Lets do this thing, Rob
No Pain, No Fun!
Tribal 2000!
Rockboy like rocks!

#6 PIMP-DADDY

PIMP-DADDY

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

Rockboy Railin' the Chubb Steps!!!!

Action from the Turkey Day ride.

Posted Image

BigBad JohnnyD
http://www.iphonewal...llac-emblem.png
The Original Trail-Pimp!

#7 TTM

TTM

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

Looks like ol' Rockboy has been practicin'

#8 Rockboy

Rockboy

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

Yea, ol' Rockboy has been practicing to learn how to ride a bike again and he has found out that 10 months of riding maybe twice a month (on purpose) makes for a rough comeback but the fun is back and I am ready to ride miles of trails. After riding hard since 1974 with only apprx 3 years of not riding medium to hard with alot of old school racing my brain finally just said enough in Febuary of 09'. It was a tough pill to swallow but I guess I had just had enough of feeling like hell for the last 2.5 years and not having the fun on the bike that it should always be. I am back and ready to get fit, have fun, drink some cold bev's with my fellow GORCsters, and wear out some chains and tires. Man the Chubb is fun, especially with old friends on Thanksgiving. See ya on the trails, Rockboy
No Pain, No Fun!
Tribal 2000!
Rockboy like rocks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users