8 replies to this topic

#1 sasmith

sasmith

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:46 PM

This is a different type of workday than usual. Instead of Rogue hoes and McClouds we need more yard and gardening type utensils. Loppers, hedge shears, string trimmers and the like. The club has some of these of course. But if you can bring something that would be useful for cutting back small shrubby vegetation and weeds to use for yourself it would be great.

Gas string trimmers are the big ticket item, a lot of ground can be covered with one side to side as well as along the trail. We certainly appreciate a willingness to bring yours. But please keep in mind that there is a lot of this stuff to cut and some of it is thick so there is a risk of damage. Having said that I took a well used (figured I didn't have much to lose) inexpensive Ryobi  out several times one year and had it last for a couple of seasons of home use after. Just consider carefully.

There is a registration page up now, please be sure to let us know if you can make it AND what tool(s) you have to bring. It will really help us with planning.

Steve

#2 caleb_r_miller

caleb_r_miller

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

I'll bring the GORC trimmer and my own home trimmer.

#3 rockbreaker

rockbreaker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

I will bring my Stihl Combi motor. I have a hedge trimmer head for it and a steel saw blade for the other attachment. Also plan on bringing the chain saw and safety gear. Should I bring any of the Trail Tools ?

Glenn
GORC Trail Steward Creve Coeur Park
"St. Louis County's First Park"

#4 Kirby

Kirby

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:20 AM

If you are coming, bring all the trail tools, please. :)

Kirby

#5 KevinG

KevinG

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:18 AM

+1 String trimmer

GORC Trail Steward- Cliff Cave Park
You don't quit playing because you get old .... You get old because you quit playing

#6 sasmith

sasmith

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:19 PM

The weather may or may not cooperate Saturday, the forecast is for scattered thunderstorms later in the afternoon. But we need to try and get as much done as we can. So this will go on rain or shine with the obvious exception of lightning and monsoon rains.

As the conditions become more certain I'll post any updates so check back tomorrow evening or Saturday by 9 am.

Steve

#7 sasmith

sasmith

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

Not a clear picture from the radar of what the day holds. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel. I'll continue to watch the radar and post again about Noon.

So, if you have other things you need to do I understand. If you can wait a bit longer to see how things develop, thank you for your patience!

Steve

#8 sasmith

sasmith

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

Either way don't forget the Bike Raffle and party at Bike Surgeon tonight!

Steve

#9 sasmith

sasmith

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

Come on out! I think we've got a good chance to get something done.
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users