6 replies to this topic

#1 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:13 AM

Looks like some water is getting onto the trails today [http://water.weather...1,1,1,0,1,1,1,1].  Will probably be a short duration event, so please report conditions* if you head out there later in the week.

*(Post debris, and downed tree/branch reports here, and I'll see that the info is passed along to the proper SCCP's people.  Thanks!)

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#2 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:50 AM

Same story, different date.

The basics:

• the metal bridge goes under at 23',
  • the water is at 25' as I write this, with a projected 29' crest on 12/20.

As before, please post debris reports, downed trees, trail conditions, etc once the water recedes and trail access is possible.  If SCCP's needs to be notified Tony (Bangert Trail Steward) or I will pass the word to the proper Park Super.

Thanks.

#3 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

SCCP's staff worked on clearing debris and the trail last week, until thawing ground turned it into a slop-fest.  The North and South Loops are largely cleared, but Tony has some detail work to do on the alt lines on the North side.  I'm fairly certain that he won't complain if you ask to help with that, so swing by his place to volunteer .

The Sandy Link has NOT been addressed yet, but will be tackled when (frozen) conditions allow.  Additionally, SCCP's is aware of the issues with the bridge, and plans on repairing it before the trail opens again.

#4 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:03 PM

Water is comin' up again [http://water.weather...1,1,1,0,1,1,1,1].  Looks like the bridge is already under, and the crest won't be until late Tues/early Wed.  Who knows, it may do something about the sand on the North Loop.

Please post your reports (debris, downed trees, etc) after the water recedes.

Thanks!

#5 zez

zez

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

I'll try and check it out next week.

#6 zez

zez

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

Few muddy spots here and there, entrance is really rutted, standing water puddles in the final stretch to the bench.  Two small trees down on Slough on the stretch near River Link. One fairly big tree down over Kurtz between the low area and the sand going CW. Didn't ride any more of it.   Lots of areas are starting to get overgrown with vegetation.

#7 Itzdapig54

Itzdapig54

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:43 AM

Same trees have been down for over a month. Think they have forgot about Bangert at the parks department!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users