27 replies to this topic

#1 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

Please find below the schedule for the 2016 edition of the St. Charles County Parks night mountain bike rides.  In an effort to increase ridership we have made of few changes for this year.  First, we have added a second monthly ride.  Many of the night rides were being washed out, so we hope that the addition of a second ride will increase our chances of getting a ride in.  Second, we have extended the hours of the ride, each ride will go for three hours.  Third, all rides will be on Friday night, so skip the Friday night happy hour and come out and ride.  Your body will thank you.  Also, we are looking for ideas, from the community, to improve the program and experienced riders to help manage the program.  If you have an idea that you think would be an improvement to the night ride, please message me and I will send it up through the chain of command.  If you are interested in helping manage the event please message me as well.  It is not too bad of a gig, responsibilities are to sign people in and out, help lead and sweep rides for inexperienced night riders, provide trail side support as needed, ride around and have fun.

Please note: All rides are on Friday Nights 

08-April   8:00 - 11:00pm  Indian Camp Creek

22-April   8:00 - 11:00pm  Broemmelsiek

06-May   8:30 - 11:30pm  Matson Hill

20-May   8:30 - 11:30pm  Indian Camp Creek

03-June  9:00 - 12:00pm  Broemmelsiek

17-June  9:00 - 12:00pm  Matson Hill

01-July    9:00 - 12:00pm  Indian Camp Creek

15-July    9:00 - 12:00pm  Broemmelsiek

05-Aug    8:30 - 11:30pm  Matson Hill

19-Aug    8:00 - 11:00pm  Indian Camp Creek

02-Sep    8:00 - 11:00pm  Broemmelsiek

16-Sep    7:30 - 10:30pm  Matson Hill

14-Oct     6:30 - 09:30pm  Broemmelsiek

28-Oct     6:30 - 09:30pm  Matson Hill

11-Nov    6:30 - 09:30pm  Indian Camp Creek

02-Dec    6:30 - 09:30pm  Broemmelsiek

16-Dec    6:30 - 09:30pm  Bangert

30-Dec    6:30 - 09:30pm  Bangert

Here's where to meet up and check in at each park:

Bangert Island: Meet @ the Lewis & Clark Boathouse near Frontier Park. For Google
map instructions to the Boathouse meeting location, please 
click this.

Broemmelsiek Park: Meet in the first paved lot, by the bridge. For Google map instructions
to Brommelsiek's parking, meetup area, and trailhead, please 
click this (then click the P).

Indian Camp Creek Park: Meet in the first parking lot after crossing the bridge. For Google
map instructions to ICCP’s parking and trailhead, please 
click this (then click the green bike.)

Matson Hill Park: Meet @ the Matson Hill Trailhead, off Matson Hill Road. For Google
Map instructions to Matson’s parking, meetup area, and trailhead,
please 
click this (then click the P.)

Required items: You, your bike, a light, and a helmet. (Helmets and lights are mandatory
to participate in the Moonlight Rides.) Please sign in and out. We use the sign in sheet for a head count
so we don't leave anyone stranded in the dark. Thanks.

In case of
bad weather: The St.
Charles County Parks Program Rainout Line 636-707-0011 
will be
the 
Official source of information in
cases of bad weather/iffy trail conditions. THIS MAY CONFLICT WITH THE HOTLINE INFORMATION FOR A SPECIFIC TRAIL.
We may open a trail that's been closed all day if it dries enough for
the MOONLIGHT RIDE to take place.
 We will
TRY to post the info here as well, but don't rely on it as your sole
source of info.

#2 OffRoadAddict

OffRoadAddict

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

This is the best news I have heard all week. Now if things would just dry up (or freeze again)

Life is short so Get Out n Go Ride!

#3 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

There has been a change to this Fridays night ride.  The ride will be at Indian Camp Creek not at Broemmelsiek as originally advertised.  My apologies for any inconvenience this change may have caused.  Please contact me if you have any questions.

#4 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:45 PM

Broemmelsiek will be open for riding tonight (04/22/16) from 8:00 - 11:00 pm.  Come on out and ride.  Bring a group, ride with a group, or ride solo the choice is yours.  According to Bekin, it should be sweet riding.

#5 zez

zez

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:25 PM

Bromm or icc?

#6 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

Matson Hill Night Ride Update: The night ride scheduled for this Friday, May 6th at Matson Hill, is still on at this point in time.  According to Bekin, he anticipates the storm damage to the park to be cleaned up in time for the ride.  I will keep this thread updated, as to trail conditions, leading up to the ride.  Please check back regularly.  Also, we had a good crowd at the last ride at Broemmelsiek and would like to see it again at Matson.  So, if you don't have any plan for Friday night come on out and ride. 

#7 zez

zez

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:42 PM

I've never rode that trail,maybe I should try it in the daytime first.

#8 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

I've never rode that trail,maybe I should try it in the daytime first.

While it's perfectly fine to ride at night, you would probably enjoy yourself more if you have seen it in the daylight.

... and leave the CX bike at home. Rocky creek crossings = high pinch-flat potential, and you're heading there to ride, not walk next to your bike.

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#9 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

Matson Hill Night Ride Update:  Matson Hill has been opened to foot traffic and is on schedule to be open to bikes by Friday.  Stay tuned for further updates.

#10 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:17 AM

Matson Hill Night Ride Update:  The park is open and the ride for tonight, May 6th, is a go.  

#11 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:54 AM

The next St. Charles County Parks night ride is scheduled for this Friday, May 20, from 8:30 pm - 11:30 pm at Indian Camp Creek Park.  Indian Camp Creek is a great night riding park.  It is a fast ride with little elevation and moderate technical sections.  If you are looking for something to do this Friday come on out and ride.  Stay tuned to this thread for weather related updates.

#12 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:23 PM

Were going to have to cancel the night ride for tonight due to wet trails.  The next night ride will be June 3rd at Broemmelsiek.  I hope to see you there.

#13 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:40 AM

Broemmelsiek Park will be open for night riding this Friday, 06/03/16, from 9:00 pm - 12:00 am.  Hope to see you all there.

#14 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:02 AM

Indian Camp Creek Park will be open to night riding this Friday, 07/01, from 9 pm - 12 am.  I hope to see you all there.

#15 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:13 PM

We are good for tonights ride at Brommelsiek. See you there

Jerry

#16 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:43 AM

Tonights night ride, at Matson Hill, has been cancelled due to wet trails.  The next night ride will be 08/19 at Indian Camp Creek.

#17 Luke.Moore

Luke.Moore

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:33 PM

Do you have to be a paid GORC member to attend the group rides? If so, will you guys know that I'm paid up if I join right now and hope to ride tonight?

#18 supradude

supradude

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:28 PM

The St. Charles County night rides are open to anyone.  Only requirements are a helmet and a bike light (400 lumens recommended).  You will need to sign in when you arrive.

Pizza is life. Beer helps.

#19 Luke.Moore

Luke.Moore

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

Sounds good. I think my light is 700 lumens though. Hope that is ok. Thanks for the quick reply!

#20 LHATCH

LHATCH

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:57 AM

I think I'll try this out on the 16th at Matson Hill. Are there other "old guys" like me that do this? I'm 38.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users