27 replies to this topic

#21 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:21 AM

The night at Matson Hill scheduled for tonight, 09/16/16, has been cancelled due to wet trails.

#22 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:06 AM

Night ride tonight at Brommelsiek Park @ 6:30. Should be a fantastic night. Hope to see you out there

Jerry

#23 TTM

TTM

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

I think I'll try this out on the 16th at Matson Hill. Are there other "old guys" like me that do this? I'm 38.

Are there other "old guys" ....lol your a youngin'. the average age at local mtn bike races seems to be about 40.  The kids today are much to lazy to ride a bike or blaze a trail. 

#24 ZenkiS14

ZenkiS14

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:37 AM

Are there other "old guys" ....lol your a youngin'. the average age at local mtn bike races seems to be about 40.  The kids today are much to lazy to ride a bike or blaze a trail. 

Unfortunately, I think it's more due to the type of trails we have here in STL. Kids arent super excited about pedaling  in the woods on single track. 

Go to Northwest Arkansas, every day I was there, I'd run into groups of kids (age 12-18) who were just out riding bikes with buddies in the woods, but they were riding mostly the flow trail and jump type stuff, because it's more fun.

-Kyle
DJ:DS:4X:BMX:DH:FR:XC

#25 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

Don't forget this Fridays night ride is at Broemelsiek 6:30-9:30, weather and trail conditions look primo....

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

#26 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:22 PM

The night ride a Bangert Island, scheduled for tonight, has been cancelled.  The next night ride will be at the same place on December 30th.

#27 muleskinner

muleskinner

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

Night ride at ICC Friday 5/19/17.   All flood debris and damage has been cleaned up.  Trails are dry and ready to roll, even the bottoms.   Parks dept crew was out trimming today.   Now, keep your fingers crossed that tomorrows rain passes on by.      See ya there. 

#28 gss

gss

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

I just got official word from the St. Charles Parks Department and the trails are too muddy.  The Matson ride for tonight is cancelled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users