3 replies to this topic

#1 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:03 PM

Race loop is buffed up and free of eye poking honeysuckle, boggy drainages cleared and ready for rubber....trail is in great shape-->dusty....a little rain would help with dust control.....Broemmelsiek Challenge is this Sunday 4/24.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

#2 myates

myates

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

I rode the trail today (3/19/17), and see that some drainage channels and "speed bumps" have been cut into several corners on the trail (corners with elevation change in most cases).  They kill the flow of said corners and, in my opinion, are dangerously placed.  Was this work sanctioned by GORC, or was this St. Charles Co. Parks attempting to "maintain" their trail?  (Or someone working outside both?)  With the Broemmelsiek Challenge about a month away, I sure hope these little "features" are removed for safety reasons! 

#3 user440

user440

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

Race loop is buffed up and free of eye poking honeysuckle, boggy drainages cleared and ready for rubber....trail is in great shape-->dusty....a little rain would help with dust control.....Broemmelsiek Challenge is this Sunday 4/24.

Which loop(s) are you referring to for the race?   My daughter was thinking of entering but not sure what loop is being run or the distance.  

Thanks.

Mike Davis

#4 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:47 AM

The kids race loop has used part of Cattle Ridge trail and the Start is between map coordinates P4 and P6. I will try to get more info on this.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users