6 replies to this topic

#1 Muddragon

Muddragon

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:15 PM

New reroute at the beginning of the south loop, it is flagged and ready to ride! Trail looks to be in great shape with a few wet spots. Small reroute on the center trail as well, hopefully this will help with the big mud hole! Get out and "ride in" the new reroutes!
Mike Dunston
GORC St Charles County Trail Steward

#2 ckelble

ckelble

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:02 AM

Did 2 laps of the whole trail yesterday. The re-route on the south loop was very soft. Looks like it got quite a bit of traffic though. Rest of the trail was great. I found a Schwinn speedometer on the beach loop in case anyone lost one. I left it sitting on the rim of the big sign at the entrance to the park.
'08 Giant XTC1
'12 Trek Superfly 100 AL Elite

#3 PIMP-DADDY

PIMP-DADDY

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

Did a bunch of laps out there Saturday. I must've only missed you guys by an hour or two. Trail is in good shape, minus the one or two soft spots, but is 100% rideable and a TON of fun.
BigBad JohnnyD
http://www.iphonewal...llac-emblem.png
The Original Trail-Pimp!

#4 ckelble

ckelble

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:33 AM

Pimp Daddy, I think I saw you as I was finishing my first lap. You had trash bags on each handlebar (I saw your other post). One of these times I'd like to bring my kiddie trailer back in there and load it up with trash to haul out. I doubt I could get the big tires, but I could probably take care of most of the bags...just have to see if the weather cooperates...
'08 Giant XTC1
'12 Trek Superfly 100 AL Elite

#5 B-unit

B-unit

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

The bad: Shortly after the re-route (headed south) some BMX dudes have recently created a mound of loose earth at the top of a small lip in the trail leaving a good-sized crater just to the right of their mushy, sandy new "ramp". The good: I also had the privilege of meeting the guy who's been picking up and bagging all of the garbage. I extended our sincere thanks and took 2 bags out with me.

#6 Muddragon

Muddragon

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

Thanks to all assisting in getting the trash to the front of the Park, especially to Joe and his three helpers! So, if you can grab a bag or two when there, it helps make this trail a better place and the St Charles County Parks really appreciate the effort. Maybe a BOB trailer trip to haul the trash might be in order, if we can get the stuff out with removing more trees it makes for a more interesting trail...
Mike Dunston
GORC St Charles County Trail Steward

#7 alpinerockfiend

alpinerockfiend

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:23 PM

DID ANYONE GO OUT THERE TODAY?
SINGLETRACK MIND

0 user(s) are reading this topic