4 replies to this topic

#1 Samit

Samit

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:34 PM

There is a Rock Hollow Workday on Sept. 17th and I am looking for half a dozen good people to serve as workday supervisors.

There are five sections to be worked on:

Section 1 is from the completed trail, around the corner, along the flats, up to the steep part, about 600 feet.

Section 2 is the steep part before the creek crossing, about 200 feet.

Section 3 is the creek crossing itself, about 50 feet, with a banked turn.  Tricky.

Section 4 is the level stretch away from the creek, steep places and ravine crossings.  About 300 feet.

Section 5 is the level stretch back to the pavement, some ravine crossings.  About 500 feet.

Please respond to me if you like this kind of work.  I would like to assign these sections before the workday.  If you know anyone that is capable of this work, please tell them, or me.

Sam Mitchell

#2 smcr

smcr

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:56 PM

I'll bench like a crazy person, just no heavy lifting please.

#3 Samit

Samit

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:34 AM

There is some bench cutting.  See you there.

Sam

#4 rockbreaker

rockbreaker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

People coming to the Trail Build at Rock Hollow on Saturday 9-17-16. Please get there a bit early try for 8:30am. Park up at the school. Either ride a bike down or carpool down in one of the trucks going to the build site. We will be doing GORC registration down at the Trail Build site at the Tool Trailers for the GORC Volunteers. We will set out tools assign people to crews. As the other volunteer groups get there we will do a safety talk and send them in with a crew to get started. We want to get an earlier start than we normally do and get crews started as we get enough volunteers there.

Glenn
GORC Trail Steward Creve Coeur Park
"St. Louis County's First Park"

#5 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

NOTE: cross posted on SLAMB's site.

Weather notes; GORC's primary concern is worker safety - can you walk to the work area without falling, is there lightning in the area, etc.  

A secondary concern would be - can we actually accomplish something?  We MAY have to postpone dirt work in certain spots if all it does is stick to the tools (1 example), but there may be plenty of rock work that can be completed.  

That call will be made by the event organizer, and is usually decided the morning of the event.  The organizer's are quite aware that some volunteers will be travelling from an hour or more away, so will do their best to give timely notice if anything needs to be changed. 

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users