8 replies to this topic

#1 rockbreaker

rockbreaker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:27 AM

This meeting was listed in the paper today 10-10-16.

The paper linked the small article to the GORC Forum for info.

Great Rivers Greenway and St. Louis County Parks host a Community open house to share plans on a 2 mile paved trail, entirely in Cliff Cave County Park.

They will have maps showing where the Trails will be built.

5557 Milburn Rd. 63129

Cost: Free

2 - 30 minute presentations will be done.

One at 6:30pm and an identical one at 7:30pm

I am posting for Kevin since he is busy at work. Kevin has been to the Park and walked the proposed alignment with the Engineering Firm, GRG and STL County Parks. The off road trail will have minimal changes needed. This will be a positive thing for the Park in my personal opinion.

Glenn
GORC Trail Steward Creve Coeur Park
"St. Louis County's First Park"

#2 KevinG

KevinG

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for posting Glenn.

Come by and see the revised plans for this project.

Impact on the Spring Valley Trail appears to be minimal.

Care will be taken to keep the paved trail and natural surface trails as separated as possible.

The revised plan looks to also have less impact on the Bluff Trail.

The end result should offer multiple user groups  a great experience.

GORC Trail Steward- Cliff Cave Park
You don't quit playing because you get old .... You get old because you quit playing

#3 love the sun

love the sun

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:45 PM

what is the date of the meeting?

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." ~Margaret Atwood

#4 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:47 PM

October 13th;

http://patch.com/mis...en-house-oct-13

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#5 BurntOrange

BurntOrange

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:06 AM

Man. Just as I get ready to move next to my home trail. This is what I see when I look to the forum for what is planned to be done for all the connector trails that are on the GORC maps but have fallen into disrepair. Disappointed to say the least. I hope this completely leaves the existing trail alone. Concrete in the woods......what a bummer.

#6 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:26 PM

Man. Just as I get ready to move next to my home trail. This is what I see when I look to the forum for what is planned to be done for all the connector trails that are on the GORC maps but have fallen into disrepair. Disappointed to say the least. I hope this completely leaves the existing trail alone. Concrete in the woods......what a bummer.

Not sure what you are referring to in regards to the connector trails.  Please clarify, and one of Cliff Cave's Trail Stewards will chime in. 

Speaking of, Kevin has met with the GRG people, walked the trails with them, explained the concepts of sight lines, etc, and they seem to be quite receptive to his input.  I'll let him describe where and how many crossings (2 perhaps?) the paved trail will have with the current natural surface trails.

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#7 KevinG

KevinG

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

As Craig said, County Parks dept and GRG have been very accommodating to our input.

They are both very aware of the improvements GORC has made to this awesome park.

County Parks and GRG are both making effort to minimize the impact on the natural surface trails.

On the Spring Valley Trail  the paved trail will cross 2 times, both on the Outer Loop.

As we speak we have been granted permission and I am starting on a short re route, outer loop north side.

This will move the trail away from pavement so that the crossing will now be over a connector section not the Outer Loop.

There may need to be another short re route on Bluff Trail, will need to see exactly where the bridge across the road will be.

GORC Trail Steward- Cliff Cave Park
You don't quit playing because you get old .... You get old because you quit playing

#8 pilznr

pilznr

• 452 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

The latest on the proposed GRG trail: http://www.callnewsp...Park-trail.html

Greensfelder Cat Herder

#9 rudy

rudy

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:54 AM

I've been out there several times and seen most of the taped route of the proposed paved path.  This will have a huge visual effect of these woods and completely change their natural character.  That might not seem important to some, but thanks to GORC and the great trails these are the closest and most accessible woods in the St. Louis area for a very large segment of the population.  And the sinkhole landscape is a unique gem.  Please spend the millions of dollars on bike improvements for nightmare streets like Watson by Walmart in Shrewsbury, or wherever. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users