Photo

Tree down Spring Valley side (status update requested)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

All,

Per recent trail reports [http://gorctrails.co...ails/cliff-cave], there is a chainsaw worthy tree down on the Spring Valley trail.  While their is a SMALL chance I can get to it Friday, I will try to clear it Saturday if I can get a swamper.  

And if it hasn't been cleared yet.  

Please post if you are available to assist with clearing limbs, twigs, etc, while I do the cutting.  Bonus trail karma points for KerryH - who has updated the Cliff Cave Conditions/alerted us to the downed tree - if that poster could either comment within this post, PM the Cliff Cave Trail Stewards [http://gorctrails.co...ails/cliff-cave] or yours truly with further information about the downed tree.

Just a trunk across the tread?

Lot's of twigs/limbs/etc?

That will allow us to better prepare for the removal, via letting us know how much stuff to bring.  

Like, can I throw the chainsaw/safety gear in a B.O.B. trailer, or do I also need to include a leaf rake/McLeod to get rid of the litter that's on the tread?

Please remember that there are NO wrong answers to this request, and I will only brag about your participation if you allow me to.  To be a nice neighbor, no cutting will start before 9:00 (9:00 a.m. for you civilians).  

I'm all for riding before we start, and exploring the Cliff Side for issues as well.  I guess you can post here as well if you want to beat the freeze/thaw, and be on trail early.

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#2 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

Tree cleared, w/help from Kevin, Steve, Suzanne, and James.

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users