24 replies to this topic

#21 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Kevin and I worked thru about 3 tanks of gas clearing all the known downed trees that were across the tread, on both the Bluff and Spring Valley side trails.  Some brainstorming of possible lines just east of the bridge occurred; that section will be similar to the techy areas of the Oxen Mill Loop @ Matson, or the newest reroute on Blue Ribbon.  (A "pick your way through the various rocks" piece of trail.)

Please keep an eye on the forum for possible workday opportunities over the coming holidays, or send Kevin a message through the forum if you would like to help out/see the new stuff firsthand. 

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#22 zzzbullseye

zzzbullseye

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

Kevin and I worked thru about 3 tanks of gas clearing all the known downed trees that were across the tread, on both the Bluff and Spring Valley side trails.  Some brainstorming of possible lines just east of the bridge occurred; that section will be similar to the techy areas of the Oxen Mill Loop @ Matson, or the newest reroute on Blue Ribbon.  (A "pick your way through the various rocks" piece of trail.)

Please keep an eye on the forum for possible workday opportunities over the coming holidays, or send Kevin a message through the forum if you would like to help out/see the new stuff firsthand. 

Thanks to you and Kevin for the hard work!

#23 KevinG

KevinG

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

Just want to re emphasize that the natural trails and the new paved trails are still closed.

Please respect the County's wishes and be patient.

They have made great progress, however the cold weather has limited what can be done.

Currently they are completing the last section of paved trail.

This section starts at the railroad tracks and climbs to the bridge that crosses the creek in front of the cave.

We have been working on a couple sections on the Bluff Trail in preparation for the Feb. 24 trail build.

Here are a couple of pics:

IMG_0845.JPG             IMG_0740.JPG  

GORC Trail Steward- Cliff Cave Park
You don't quit playing because you get old .... You get old because you quit playing

#24 KevinG

KevinG

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

More fun on the way....

IMG_0866.JPG           IMG_0862.JPG

• mscott003 likes this
GORC Trail Steward- Cliff Cave Park
You don't quit playing because you get old .... You get old because you quit playing

#25 mscott003

mscott003

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Let me know the 2/24 build day.  Would love to help if I can....  marktylerscott@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users