Photo

sPoker Ride 2017 - A FUNraiser for GORC - C'mon Out!

spoker ride 2017 fundraiser hub bicycle company new belgium hwy 61 roadhouse beer bikes event

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

Save the date of Saturday, April 29! The Hub Bicycle company, Highway 61 Roadhouse and New Belgium have teamed up to create the Spoker Ride - a poker run benefiting GORC. You can pre-register for this event at the Hub with day-of registration at Hwy 61 Roadhouse.

Participating poker run stops include:

Hwy 61
Tower Pub
Colombo's
Foley's
The Mack
Felix's
The Hub.

The entry fee is only $10 and the the best poker hand wins a New Belgium Brewing retro cooler setup filled with schwag.. The Hub is offering a Grand Prize raffle of a new commuter bike as well as many other raffle prizes.

New Belgium Beer Specials for Participating Riders!

We are also looking for several volunteers to help man the poker stops with free beer for the volunteers.

Pre-Register at The Hub Bicycle Company
40 W Lockwood Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119
*Wristband and map pick up week of 4/22-4/28 at The Hub. The events section of The Hub's website has a link to the online map, a printable map, and a printable turn-by-turn directions.

Day of Registration and/or wristband pick up at Hwy 61 Roadhouse from 11am-1pm
34 S Old Orchard Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119

2017_spoker_ride_flyer.png

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#2 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

got my tickets today

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#3 stinkbait

stinkbait

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Official beg to participate!

Howdy. This is a notification of an event I am promoting with New Belgium Brewery, The Hub Bicycle Company, and HWY 61 Roadhouse to benefit GORC. These guys came to me with an idea for a fundraiser for GORC that involves a pub crawl and a poker hand. It is Sat April29 at noon and costs $10 - goes directly to GORC. We will start at hwy61 roadhouse in webster and ride around to six bars and the hub for a drink and a card to play at the end. There are maps on The Hub site if you want to check the proposed route. There will be New Belgium drink specials at each of the stops. 

If you, or anyone you know is interested please sign up in advance or show up next Saturday. We had one last fall and it was a good time. It is a great way to spend an afternoon with beer, bikes, and friends. There will be a prize for best hand, plus raffle drawings for a bike from The Hub and gift certs from the participating bars. 

Please come out to support GORC and show appreciation to the sponsors so that we may considered for future fundraising opportunities. 

• seamonkey and sniker like this
"Strong, light, cheap. pick two" - KB

#4 sniker

sniker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

I can't wait to attend this year! I heard it was a lot of fun last year.

[:x] Posted ImageGORC Secretary

#5 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

so much beer with a side order of bizarro people watchin' ! maybe we'll get to crash another bacholerette party again.

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#6 pilznr

pilznr

• 454 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

Last year there were road bikes, mountain bikes, Stinkbait's frankenbike, fixed gears and even a Farley (or similar). Good times.

Here's our local "rock" star explaining things.

• sniker likes this

Greensfelder Cat Herder

#7 MTBKona22

MTBKona22

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

Thanks to New Belgium, The Hub, John, Highway 61 Roadhouse and all the supporting bars for putting on a great event yesterday.  Good times indeed had by all!

-Ben

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spoker ride, 2017, fundraiser, hub bicycle company, new belgium, hwy 61 roadhouse, beer, bikes, event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users