2 replies to this topic

#1 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

(Full disclosure to start this thread - I work for a St. Louis area bicycle shop that offers rental mtn bikes, and do NOT feel that I should mention that tie in while promoting GORC and all that it stands for.  As a GORC BoD member, my (unpaid) job is to represent/help our members.)

Occasionally, we (we = GORC) get requests from people asking WHERE to rent a mtn bike while visiting the St. Louis area.  

"We" also = the "Contact Us" link on the website, Twitter queries, Facebook, etc.

My first suggestion would be to contact the people who allow GORC to exist; our https://gorctrails.com/sponsors.

Ask them what they have, if it would work for your intended riding style, WHERE you intend to ride, etc.  

Hardtail?

Full Suspension?

Single Pivot vs Dual Pivot?

I am NOW asking the GORC Forum audience to pass along whatever info they have that may help this topic.

• Who (which bike shop) has what?  Speak!
  • Please list the shops that rent bikes, especially if they support GORC!  Bonus points for details; the availability of hardtails, single pivot full suspension, dual pivot full suspension bikes, etc.
  • Do they offer basic suspension setup (i.e., sag, damping), as part of the rental process?
  • What would you LIKE to have (TRY?) on your rental bike?
  • ETC ...

I am SURE that I missed several important topics, so please feel free to point out my screwups and/or oversights, and ask your favorite shop to contribute to the discussion.  

Open discussion is a BIG part of our existence, but please keep it civil.

Deal?

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#2 tbbike

tbbike

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:40 AM

Craig - Good topic. 

Mesa Cycles does rent mountain bikes.  It is $65 for a 24 hour period.  We do set up the suspension when any rental goes out of the store.  Here is a list of what we currently have in our demo fleet: 

2017 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 6Fattie, size large, full suspension

2017 Specialized Fuse Expert Carbon 6Fattie, size medium, hardtail

2015 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon, size large, hardtail

2015 Specialized Camber Comp, size medium, full suspension.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Traci

#3 Honch

Honch

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

Ballwin Cycles & Trailhead Bicycles offer rentals / loaners but I think their inventory changes from time to time.  I'll leave it to them to note their pricing and details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users