No replies to this topic

#1 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

This weeks travels have me in the Twin Cities, Minneapolis/St Paul.. Today I rode at Lebanon Hills in Savage south of Minneapolis. 12 mile stacked loop system, excellent glacial loam tread which you can really rail even in dusty conditions. Rain this morning was a non factor on the trails this afternon. A trail closure system is in place and the parks dept closes the parking lot gates to limit idoit usage during these times.

All the trails are numbered and very well marked, green-beginner, blue-intermediate, black-advanced and red-extreme. I would say the Black and Red trails are rated as they are due to some nice drops, steep climbs, log ride overs and really nice man made rock gardens. I really like the alternate lines that are in place, Well placed rocks and other items make for fun jumps and ride overs. The bermed turns will make take you back to your days on your BMX bike. Traffic is one way and makes for great riding as there are no riders conflicts by having to bypass others. Changing facilities are top notch and Dakota County really treats the MTB community very well with first class facilities.

This is a BIKE AND HIKE trail only !!!!! Saturdays ride will be at Murphy Henrehan then onto Cuyuna/Duluth next week.

I highly reccommend a trip to the Cities then travel north to Cuyuna, You wont be disappointed.

Attached Thumbnails

• Leb bathrooms.JPG
  • Leb trail map.jpg
  • Leb sign.jpg

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users