2 replies to this topic

#1 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

So is the Stinging Nettle trail rideable now? I assume you can still make it to Al Foster and points beyond?

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

#2 MTBKona22

MTBKona22

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:48 PM

There are a couple areas that the ride around is still being utilized.  However, most major downed tree areas are at least partially cleared and easily passable.  I think there are two places that I found today between Sherman Beach and Castlewood that required a dismount and walking over a downed limb.

#3 Nelmenator

Nelmenator

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

If you take the left side nearest to the river after the "dips", you'll eventually (maybe a mile or more?) hit a debris field where you'll have to go over quite a few downed trees and a ton of sand, eventually you'll come to a where the trail is open but full sand for at least 80 yards leading to Sherman beach.  I recommend taking one of the right turns away from the river and head to the al foster instead of riding this way. Unless you enjoy hike a bike, sand in your shoes and cleaning sand from your drive train.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users