6 replies to this topic

#1 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

With the high winds the last 2 days there is bound to be some sticks and other debris on all the trails.  Please be a considerate trail user and take some time during your ride to move - kick this junk off the trail.  Everyone will appreciate it.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

#2 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:10 PM

Original post deleted----I don't understand why 4 small trees were removed from Eagle Valley below the visitors center, Its truly a shame!!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

#3 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:53 AM

Were the trees standing or down? Where exactly and was it a new thing with the 4 trees? Was it to widen the trail. I haven't ridden EV visitor center in a month.

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#4 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:57 AM

the trees were all standing and the cuts look fresh within a week or so. The perps just basically cut the trees and left an 8" stump.  I haven't ridden GF in 2 weeks and noticed it right away. Take EV from the visitors center down hill and you will see them.

The trail has been in existence for 7+ years, I don't think it is horse related, I really think someone couldn't haul ass through that section and decided to improve their strava times.

#5 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:24 AM

ok, sounds like they were the smaller trees that people were braiding from the original line? people suck.

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#6 Maven

Maven

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:20 PM

Yep, saw that on the trail build day very sad.  I was expecting something more to happen when someone removed that exposed root earlier and the bypass lines on the lower section.  I would love to know the thought process behind the tree removal just makes no sense!  Not even sure it would help improve times.  Hell if your going to cheat that can easily be done with out trail destructions.  I hope it doesn't effect the trail stability in the future.  Just wrong!  Ok rant over for now.

#7 CoffeeBananaBike

CoffeeBananaBike

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

I did a HUGE part in clearing the trail today.

There were mounds and mounds of bananas in the trail.

They were soaked in coffee. They stunk to high heaven.

Enraged I was the only one doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users