4 replies to this topic

#1 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

As reported on the trail update, someone dumped a load of 3/4 minus rock after the RR track drop in making the area really loose and sketchy in both directions.  Heads up!!!

Also, I guess the Dog waste Ferry is waiting to pick up the green bags of crap on the trail, Why are people so damn lazy and relying on others to take care of their pets mess.

And lastly, the pink arrows from the race are a nice addition to the asphalt

Nuff said....

• jamesh75 likes this

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

#2 rockbreaker

rockbreaker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

Heard from one of the other members. The miniature RR puts rock in to secure their tracks base. It seems the RR Ties the tracks are affixed to were getting washed out.

Glenn
GORC Trail Steward Creve Coeur Park
"St. Louis County's First Park"

#3 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

If traffic from trail users is eroding the supportive base for the tracks, do we need to coordinate with our Land Manager(s) to come up with a long term fix, i.e. armoring the drop from the tracks as you enter the Bluff View trailhead, etc?  Between DNR (Al Foster Trail owners), Wildwood, and StlCntyParks, we should be able to come up with something that makes all the users happy.

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#4 95vtr250

95vtr250

Advanced Contributor

• 970 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:10 AM

We will take a look at this with the Land Manager and see what we can do to make this safer.

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan Adams, GORC Board Member
Why should I change my name, he's the one that sucks!

#5 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:53 AM

Thanks Bryan for the assistance. I would imagine it was the WFP people who did this but if you look at where the rail bed is relative to the rock it really doesn't make any sense.  The majority of the rock dumped went down the gully on the drop in.

Im sure this will get resolved.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users