2 replies to this topic

#1 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

I realize I am preaching to the choir and this message wont get to the intended trail users who wander the earth without any common sense.

After about 10am today I would imagine all trails will be unuseable. This applied to trail users.

The recent cold snap has penetrated the Midwest as far south as the Gulf Coast.  Reports are that even the Back 40 loop in Bella Vista will be dealing with FT this weekend.

Be smart and do your part to not use the trails for a while.

PSA---over and out.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

#2 muleskinner

muleskinner

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

Again we are in freeze/thaw conditions.   While yesterday might have been great at some area trails, up north we dipped below freezing last night again.   Please don't rely solely on the trail hotlines in St.Charles county.  Conditions change quickly on a day like today.  Be prepared to bail out if it looks like trails are getting shiny or greasy.      Or just plan on a gravel ride if it looks questionable.    You'll earn trail karma!     

#3 Randster

Randster

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:08 AM

Nothing like waiting forever for the trails to be either frozen or dry only to find out a bunch of morons rutted the heck out of your favorite twisty turns. As said above, it's probably not someone who would visit the GORC forums that is doing this. Do we need gigantic signs at the trailheads that shout "DON'T RIDE WHEN MUDDY!!!"? I live close to the SIUE trails and they are my main hangout. However, several sections are a horrible rutted mess now.

Any suggestions on the best way to repair the damage? Can't do much work with the ground still frozen. Not even sure if it's worth the effort since it seems that every time it is muddy some dufus goes in and ruts them up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users