• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:07 AM

I've been wondering about the forum as it goes way underutilized compared to the golden days of 2003-2014. Would it be prudent to condense all the trail systems under one forum called "area Trails" or do you find the Park systems split out to be beneficial?

It's way easy to come to the forum and click the "view new content" (based on your settings) and read but sometimes I wonder if posting is more difficult if you have to "sort" to find where you want to post?

Am I just making work for myself? I don't want that.

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#2 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:12 AM

I do not know what is involved to maintain a site like GORC but will give my 2 cents:

I have thought for a while that "all things GORC" could be condensed to much less than what it currently is:

Trailbuilding-Maintenance-Sawyer-Swamper alert

General

Other--sub headings: Racing schedule, classifieds and what doesn't fit the above 2 options

As far as the information on specific trails. I like seeing posted information regarding specific trails but do we need the Gravel routes and Ozark Region listed? Not to offend anyone but the majority of riders are STL based and ride STL/SCC trails.

Maybe allow more text under the latest trails conditions for more in depth comments on the out of region trails.

If it makes your life easier I say do it....

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

#3 TomF

TomF

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:02 AM

Condensing some may not be a bad idea. Perhaps instead of listing every trail individually, you make a few groups: St. Louis Trails, St. Charles Trails, Ozark/Other Trails.

#4 jamesh75

jamesh75

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Condensing some may not be a bad idea. Perhaps instead of listing every trail individually, you make a few groups: St. Louis Trails, St. Charles Trails, Ozark/Other Trails.

And Illinois trails. But yeah, condensing it to fewer groups probably isn't a bad idea, especially in those areas that don't get much traffic. Facebook seems to have destroyed forums, not just here but everywhere. I remember when the GORC and stlbiking forums were busy with tons of posts and people always online.

#5 J-tracker

J-tracker

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:07 AM

I like the concept.  On this platform, would it be possible to add a drop down for topics or a sort/filter feature?  If condensed, could there be a separate "Recent Topics" section for Trails?  Just a few items for the wish list, thanks!

#6 seamonkey

seamonkey

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 544 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

I've taken the advice from several people and condensed the trails section and merged the topics.

Matt Hayes
GORC Board Member
Greensfelder Steward

#7 CovertOps51510

CovertOps51510

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

Looks good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic