No replies to this topic

#1 G-Tracker

G-Tracker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:31 AM

I rode yesterday afternoon. The majority of the trail is in great shape.  The dips, drains, and "in and outs" are very muddy with some holding water.

Going CCW, that initial back corner and other areas that are typically wet....well are.......wet : )  Ride safe because the rocks and roots are slippery. I did walk two areas to not contribute to the ruts. I'm eyeballing a few necessary reroutes for next Fall and Spring.

I'll email the SCCP Department to weed eat the connector trail on Hayes Field Crossing. That stuff is tall and closing in the trail. Wear your bug-spray.

Oxen Mill where it meets the Hayes Trail needs weed eating going both directions in areas also.

I cleared a medium tree top on Hayes and a large top tree with my packsaw......I left the very bottom branch of the large tree-top on the ground that will need to be a ride over for now. It was starting to get a little dark. It's about 8" to 10" and is located right at the entrance to the new reroute we put in last fall going CCW.

Nice trail feature for now.

I just got my bike back together after breaking a linkage and I'll just say Switchback Hill was a blast. Big Thanks to the St. Charles County Parks Department for blowing the leaves.

Gary
Matson Hill Trail Steward

Who climbs up - gets to come down!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users