6 replies to this topic

#1 bradb

bradb

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:20 AM

Curious if anyone knows of a shop that rents out mountain bikes on Sundays. Just looking for something that works, doesnt have to be fancy. I used to live in Ballwin and will be back on business Sunday morning. I was hoping to rent a bike and go ride sunday afternoon. I know its unlikely b/c I don't remember any shops being open on Sundays but figured I'd check anyways.

Also, if not Sunday does anyone know of a shop that rents bikes and what they charge?

Thanks!

#2 Honch

Honch

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:40 AM

Ballwin Cycles and Trailhead Bikes rent bikes but not sure of their store hours.  

#3 MTBKona22

MTBKona22

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:26 AM

I think Alpine Shop in Kirkwood rents out bikes or at least they used to.  They are also open on Sundays.

-Ben

#4 estoys

estoys

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

This new place in eureka - the mountain bike shed https://mtbshed.com/

I stopped by recently to look around.  The owner's very nice and they rent out mountain bikes.  It's a unique shop for St. Louis because the gear themselves mainly to MTB.

#5 supradude

supradude

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:40 PM

Going to second MTB Shed.  I was in there today and they are some cool dudes with some awesome mtb bikes to rent.  Ballwin Cycles and Trailhead Bikes are also very excellent choices.

Pizza is life. Beer helps.

#6 bradb

bradb

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:13 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, looks like Ill try MTB shed or trailhead. Looking like the weather may not be great today or Sunday. Any likely hood of them drying out enough tomorrow and getting a ride in Sunday if it doesn't rain hard? I can remember if any of the trails drained and dried within a day or two after rain. I'd like to ride two days one at Greensfelder and one on Zombie.

#7 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:44 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, looks like Ill try MTB shed or trailhead. Looking like the weather may not be great today or Sunday. Any likely hood of them drying out enough tomorrow and getting a ride in Sunday if it doesn't rain hard? I can remember if any of the trails drained and dried within a day or two after rain. I'd like to ride two days one at Greensfelder and one on Zombie.

The best drying trails are usually the hilly sections of Castlewood - with the exception of the (primarily dirt based) Rollercoaster. 

The steep hillsides that make fun trails at Greensfelder and Rock Hollow/Zombie usually drain water for a day or two after some rain, and the big rocks are slick as ice when you drag some moisture up onto them.

Of course, that depends on how much rain we get ... 2 hours of drizzle won't do much.  Check the rain gauges for the local trails to see how much has actually fallen before making your decision.

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users