No replies to this topic

#1 G-Tracker

G-Tracker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:04 AM

The rains on Thursday missed a slender area in St, Charles so we were fortunate to be able to ride Matson yesterday.

Going clockwise the trail was in pretty good shape. It is a bumpy ride on the drop in from the parking lot but I'm sure grateful those

footprints from the winter are smoothing out.

There were the normal wet sections but overall OK until we hit that northeast corner. Drains were a muddy mess.

That will be the focus for the Fall workday. We stopped and cleaned out a lot of mud and leaves so the drains could dry.

Last weekend at the workday I took a crew of volunteers and we worked on Switchback Hill. We removed the outside trail edge so the

water could shed properly and cleaned out drains and reworked a few spots. It was in absolute great shape and a good bomb to the bottom.

The crew consisted of GORC members and a group of trail runners. (Awesome group). Thank you for the hard work.to everybody.

The small reroute we put in will hopefully hold it's own for a while but I'll need to get there in a few weeks and put in a proper turn on one end.

Gary
Matson Hill Trail Steward

Who climbs up - gets to come down!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users