• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Etankster

Etankster

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:22 PM

Hey, it's been awhile since I've ridden my home trails! Between school and internships, probably almost two years. In that time, I've gotten to live in areas and ride everything between straight up flat nasty Florida swamps and downhill. One of the downhill parks I got to ride was actually Spider Mountain- the downhill mtb park near Austin, Tx that opened earlier this year, with a grand total of 350ft of vert. For reference, Hidden Valley Ski Resort has 300.

One of the most popular and iconic trails at Spider is named Venom. It is a short, fast, flowy jump line (3 large tables, one small table, and one small jump to flat-ish) about 2/3 of the way down the mountain, with about 100ft of elevation change. Everything is rollable, making it available to all skill levels.

Lost Valley, taking the Hamburg trail, starts with a massive gravel descent. About 100 ft of elevation change, actually... The same as Venom. I know Missouri tends to be conservative, not super eager to try new stuff, but getting a small gravity jump section in the St Louis area would be sick. Who could I talk to that could get a project like this going, and who would have to clear it?

downloadfile.jpg
  • Etankster likes this

#2 gengen1

gengen1

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:00 AM

Lost Valley is part of the Weldon Springs CA which is managed by the Missouri Department of Conservation.

A good place to start:

Missouri Department of Conservation 2360 Hwy D St. Charles, MO 63304 (636) 441-4554

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users