2 replies to this topic

#1 muleskinner

muleskinner

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:41 AM

Anyone use these?   Thoughts?    Is the run time pretty close to what they say?     if you use an Outbound, what setting do most peeps use on our trails....med? high?    

https://www.outbound...dition/#reviews

#2 Muddy tires

Muddy tires

Forum Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:13 AM

I've run the trail version on my bars for 10 months. I ride lost valley at night once or twice a week in the summer and fall/winter rides are pretty much all at night. Great light for what it does. It is not the brightest light out there and you can easily outrun the optics trail riding if this is your only light.

I currently pair this with a NR 1200 boost on the helmet and have no complaints. My usual rides are around 2 hours and I have never had the light run out on the trail. I use the stock adaptive setting, starts out at full blast and dials back to medium over the course of 15-20 minutes. Your eyes adjust naturally and you don't notice the change. The longest night ride I've done is 3 hours 35 minutes and I still had battery left to go longer.

Great company with excellent customer service. Made in the USA if that matters to you (used to be made in St Peters before the owner moved to Chicago not that long ago).

#3 MTBKona22

MTBKona22

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:33 PM

I have the Outbound Lighting Trail Edition that I bought 1.5 years ago.  I run it on the bar and it pretty much floods out my NiteRider 750 Lumen light on my helmet.  I would say it probably isn't the "brightest" light on the market in focused intensity, but the spread of the light is amazing.  It definitely gives you much more peripheral light than most other lights.

I have never had a problem with the battery not lasting long enough.  I almost always run the adaptive mode and would agree with post above.  It always last for my 2 to 2.5 hour rides.  The adaptive mode is a pretty smart idea and I definitely don't notice the lights dimming.

I am not huge on the neoprene case and rubber strap.  That being said, my bar strap broke on a cold night and Outbound Lighting customer service was awesome.  They sent me a new one for free in a couple days.

All in all, this is a great light and I would definitely recommend it.  Made in the USA and company has roots in St. Louis is a nice plus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users